airshow from a yak

lofty

cool.gif 8-) Got to Branksome at 9.40 in a near empty carpark and loaded up

Started the drift down to Bournemouth on flat calm seas and was targeting flatties but my worms were being robbed so then had a crack at the mackerel. One big old lonely mackerel was all I could manage all day.

Change of plan . Smaller hooks. Success.

There must have been 400+ small boats ,yachts and gin palaces all headed out to the pier so I tied on a buoy at Durley to avoid trouble.

user posted image

The sea got really lumpy but the airshow started and so did my bites.

user posted image

user posted image

Fabulous seeing the battle of britain wing , I love the noise of the spitfire. The lancaster bomber shook the fillings from my teeth as it took two or three runs over my mooring.user posted image

The bream were coming in three at a time on a three hook rig I had (fladen flattie rig) with ragworm ,but thet were all too small to keep so all returned,about 20 in all.

user posted image

Then a surprise with a string of Ballan wrasse. 3 at a time twice. All under a pound and all quickly returned.user posted image

This rig will be deadly when the biggies return next springuser posted image

Lots of different biplanes and insane wing walkers(WHY?) and then the highlight of the day

The red arrows.user posted image

Bloody amazing show and impressive flying.

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/photolofty/?action=view

Edited by lofty

cool.gif I now have a new paddle technique that involves swivelling the body 180 degrees to see what's about to plough into me. sad.gif just a couple of foot notes. Some families from Liverpool have been on 6 for the last few times I've been out and are letting their young kids f about with the radio.Mildly annoying.

Also a c**sucker on a jetski towing a rubber ring deliberately done a 180 to splash(drown) me. Missed . Had he have conked out and I'd caught up I'd have..........breathe Lofty ...................reprimanded him mad.gif

I think Charlie A and I saw you from Star turn If it was Friday you were out!

I said to Charlie, I wouldn't want to be a yaker in a straight line from the piers to poole entrance! Easily mowed down by any number of craft racing back in!

Glad you got back to write the report!

Rob

Yes it was Friday.Headed in 200 yards from the shore and paddled back double quick time.The only time I really worried was tied to the buoy and a yacht heading to the show was not changing course, I raised my red paddle and then he swerved, but I'd already quick released and was ready to go. Gutted about the fly boy.