St Ives.....what's the story

lofty

Lofty,

Was down that way a couple of weeks ago though I didn't take the yak due to the high winds. There is a good spot just outside the harbour were a lot of commercials hand line for mackerel. You should bag up there. It is a short paddle to the left of the harbour by the rocky headland. There must be some bass there I would have thought. Just watch the tides though.

Have a look at Anglersafloat. I asked the same question about St Just which is just down the coast and got some good advice.

Sennen cove is worth a look in the right conditions. There is a slipway there and across the bay there is a small rocky island that looked really bassy. Again, you'll need to be careful about the wind/tides.

Have a great time,

Phil

I spent a few days there last year Lofty. Its lovely. BIG tides as Phil says but very scenic part of the country. I saw lots of yakkers out there and regretted not taking mine.

Get on Anglers afloat and try to arrange something, I wouldnt mind betting someone will be happy to show you the ropes.