Christchurch (Tuckton Bridge?) Tide Table

TomBettle

Hi Guys

Need a little help if you can.

I am doing some client tuition probably over 18th and 19th of this month on their new sport boat up at Beaulieu Gardens about a mile up from Christchurch town centre.

The tuition will mainly involve boat handling etc, but will involve a little local information on using their boat on the Stour.

Can you help!?

Firstly I could really do with being directed to some online tide tables for those days or be lent a tide book.

Next, I know the run can be tricky, but won't be heading out unless I know we have plenty of time and tide. However, can any of you locals offer any advice or tips for the rest of the harbour?

Cheers

Tom

I love them almost as much as Jetskiers.

as a note of caution to your clients:

Yesterday a guy tried to drop his son off at the Run, he got it all wrong and ended up reversing into a boat moored alongside the wall. Not only did he damage the other boat and his own prop, he knocked his auxillary engine off the mount into the water and lost it.

This guy isnt a plonker he just got it wrong

PJ

Hopefully these guys have the common sense to allow other boaters some courtesy so won't cheese off anglers.

They also got enough sense to ask for some tuition which is better than much of the Birmingham Navy so fingers crossed these guys will be half decent.

Cheers for the advice regarding the run. I'll point out they need to be very careful.

Sounds obvious but specific to Xchurch and the Run:

Make sure they stick rigidly to the channel through the harbour, it is VERY shallow either side, often even at HW.

The channel markers are removed in Winter.

The run - itself isnt that bad. I guess the main issue is coming off the power - you dont stop! Make sure they are familiar with the yellow channel markers on the seward side of the fun.

Going out or coming in on a flooding tide is always easier than trying to squeeze out on the last of the ebb.

Air pressure can have a massive effect of tide times and heights here.

Edited by Adam F