Braid colour - does it matter

Oli

Just about to order some braid for a shiny new reel that's hopefully arriving tomorrow and was going to purchase this as it's cheaper in bulk and we'll always have a need for it:

Braid on eBay

Question is, does the bright yellow colour make a difference? I've always used the standard dark green stuff before but like the look of this (though not at the expense of the few fish we get!). Another thing - do most use 30lb? All of our reels are loaded with 30 for general fishing so by default that's what I was going to order more of.

My braid of choice is Power Pro which when I buy is typically bright yellow or bright red.

I use 12lb for wrecking on the drift and for general bottom fishing through to Tope on light gear and then step up to 30lb on my 20/30 rod.

I think I have one reel with a different braid on it and that is some very thin green stuff which is OK, but gets a bit fluffy.

EDIT: Just checked your link and see you are looking at Power Pro. Around the world it is probably the biggest selling premium brand of braid.

Be a little careful buying off Ebay as there have been mention of a few fakes on there.

Edited by TomBettle

Thanks guys. Have always used either Whiplash or Power Pro and been pleased... This guy seems legit Tom, tonnes of positive feedback. Any idea how you can tell if it's fake - does it just break more easily or something?

Thanks guys. Have always used either Whiplash or Power Pro and been pleased... This guy seems legit Tom, tonnes of positive feedback. Any idea how you can tell if it's fake - does it just break more easily or something?

Sorry Oli, don't know. I've just avoided Ebay for it since I heard