CUBA

Afishionado

I have been in correspondence with a girl/lady in Cuba. She is on the hotels public relations staff for the tourists. I have copied below the latest mails to and from her, so we can all know that our gifts have found the right place.........

Dear loco Miguel,

You have just talked to the right person.

My Godfather is a member of a Cuban Fishermen Club that works for feeding the local population and the poorest around the province where I live .

Also I have some friends ( neighbours) that fish for living. That is what they do all the time, I think it is the only thing they know .. So we can sort it once you get here and I promise you that it will get into good hands. Over here there are fishermen that accostume to fish near the hotel but they do it just for fun and it is very easy for them to get the equipment with the tourists here in the area and I think that is better to give it to people that really need them and for whom it is very difficult to get the equipment.

Thank you very much. That is very kind of you. Those people will appreciate that very much.

Best regards

lena

-----Mensaje original-----

De: Mike Harvey [mailto:mrv@mharvey31.freeserve.co.uk]

Enviado el: S

The site will be a quiet place for the next few weeks!...dont know if that is a good or a bad thing!!

How long you going for miguel loco??

Have a goodun - we'll all just sit here in the cold and the rain! biggrin.gif

Just over two weeks guys........ And rest assures when I am lying on a sun bed that is placed in the pure white sand just on the crystal clear waters edge by our very own cabana boy, and he is serving the third or maybe fourth Strawberry Daiqueri of the day, I shall think of you all....... Honest I will rolleyes.gif

Just found out that I can rent a 6M speed boat (DellQuay sorta thing) and a guide for $150US an 8hr day........Sounds good to me smile.gif

Mad Mike

PS All you guys STAY SAFE and enjoy the early cod. The one thing I have to look forward too when I get back is reading about and joining in the cod and whiting season