Lovely Morning

Paul J

Not sea or boat fishing but it was fun

Went to the local trout pond with Dave ( pirky) for a spot of flyfishing.

Lovely morning ahead of what looks like some windy days through next week.

Got my first fly caught fish of 2011 and fishing with Dave is always a pleasure

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hi Trev

Christchurch Angling Club use Trafalgar .... pretty relaxed relationship ...fish taste good and generally in good nick .....there are exceptions.

I mentioned that when I popped over to you when you very kindly tested my battery !!

If you want a telephone number .... let me know ...... rates may be an issue because of our longish relationship with Trafalgar.... They generally re-stock once a week based on the records of fish taken....pretty standard procedure I think.

With four lakes in total (3 at Whitesheet and 1 at Hamer) and a good head of club member / guest flyflickers I imagine the returns are pretty good.

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

He who laughs first also laughs last as he is taking the pith, those that laugh second are always trying to catch up

Red rag seen M B

I can always loose a few lbs, but you try turning time back............ ph34r.gif

Shall we stop this before I have a coronary with mirth.......... biggrin.gif

besides we're off topic............. mad.gif

Fish catching & then quality me thinks cool.gif

He who laughs first also laughs last as he is taking the pith, those that laugh second are always trying to catch up

Red rag seen M B

I can always loose a few lbs, but you try turning time back............ ph34r.gif

Shall we stop this before I have a coronary with mirth.......... biggrin.gif

besides we're off topic............. mad.gif

Fish catching & then quality me thinks cool.gif

laugh.gif Agread on all counts rolleyes.gif

Martin

Trev

Only heard about Hamer when first opened........was good fish.

Personally I am not a fan of the lake ..... too exposed and featureless but hey !!!

Top lake at Whitesheet does still get a bloom and gets difficult at times.

We have just had a very interesting chat on the phone about fish quality and what is expected of farmed stock fish in the 24hrs after stocking so I will creep out of that debate. laugh.gif

AND will stay well clear of the personal age and weight / condition debate too tongue.gif

I have replied to the PM

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by pirky

Trev,

you are renowned for the quality of your trout and would love to fish for them if i could afford the crazy prices at some of these ponds.

It's only a quick fix for me while i wait for the real sport to arrive, even a trout with two tails are not a match for bass.

I do like the look of those Char, a beautiful fish indeed

PJ

........and would love to fish for them if i could afford the crazy prices at some of these ponds.

Interesting thought Paul.

It is surprising what we pay for our leisure pursuits. I suppose it is all down to how passionate you are about any particular activity. If I liked trout fishing even half as much as my sea fishing & boating there would be no contest at all on cost benefit analysis. I could fish for trout in the best fisheries every week and still wouldn't cost as much as my 10-15 trips to sea.

even a trout with two tails are not a match for bass

Agreed

(PS none of my trout have two tails) wink.gif