Hi Eddie

Maverick Martin

Hi All,

Many thanks for your welcomes and I hope I will be able to make some worthwhile contributions to the forum.

For your information, I am 45 years old and live in Plymouth, I have an Explorer Elite boat called "Avin Alaf" with a 50HP Honda and 6HP 4Stroke Yamaha Aux. The boat is fitted with a Furuno 1621Mk2 Radar, Garmin GPSMAP180 Chartplotter with DGPS module fitted, Lowrance LMS3300C Chartplotter, Lowrance X136DF Fishfinder and Simrad RD68 DSC VHF Radio. The boat is usually kept on a drying mooring in a local boatyard which limits access during one and a half hours either side of low water.

Thanks to the Codfather for the personal welcome, how are you Dave? not talked Nicole into joining this forum yet? mind I think some of your banter may be best left where it is at the present wink.gif

Regards, Eddie.

Thanks to the Codfather for the personal welcome, how are you Dave? not talked Nicole into joining this forum yet? mind I think some of your banter may be best left where it is at the present wink.gif

Regards, Eddie.

Hi Eddie

I think you are right about Nicole, I don't want to get a name for myself BEFORE I move! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Some of the guys here are due to go up on a trip to meet Davy's pets! ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Best not to tell them too much on how you got on! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Looking forward to your comments

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

Hi

Out of interest, why do you have 2 chartplotters?

How does the New Garmin compares to the older Lowrance in term of graphics and usablity?

Hi,

You have it the wrong way around i'm afraid, the Garmin is older than the Lowrance. I have a friend who works in the industry and he got me the Lowrance 3300 Colour, with the latest Navionics XL3 gold chip for

Hi Eddy and welcome to the forum

I to have a lowrance colour plotter [GM5000c] its a great bit of kit and the good news is that the EGNOS system should be completed in early 2005 so the accuracy should improve.

I have not bothered to link it to the DGPS on my boat as I am not sure they are compatable.

Do you use the Mapcreate to enter and store your marks, if so how do you get on with it?

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hi Charlie,

I do use the Mapsend software from Magellan to upload and download my marks to and from the PC, then whilst on the boat I take the waypoints from the handheld and input the coordinates into the two chartplotters as needed.

Well, they have been promising Egnos now for 2 years, I don't think I will hold my breath until they get it sorted out.

The colour screen on the 3300c is excellant, and knocks spots off of my previous colour chartplotter (Garmin 176C), fully visible under all lighting conditions and the controls are easy to use.

The XL3 Gold chip is excellant although I may never use the Ireland and/or Western England Maps, although the English Channel map will get a battering, but as I was getting it for the cost of the local map I could not refuse.

Eddie.