Anyone by the coast

Newboy

Blinkin' 'orrible!!!!

Just got back from Bognor Regis this morning, and popped into Hayling Island on the way home. Wind was savage, and sea v. rough!

Id think carefully before launching tomorrow. If it helps, Im free Friday either to help or tag along - was going to take BW out.

Forecast is for winds at least until Weds / Thurs.

Nah, I've cancelled the launch until next Tuesday. It's just too rough.

I was in Southampton yesterday and although it was inshore (by Town Quay) and was only force 4, there was a good amount of wave. sick.gif

Just hope next Tuesday will hold weep.gif

I really need to launch before the weymouth trip to make sure everything work fine sad.gif

I am easy either way. My missus gave me premission to disappear for a whole day on next Tuesday and I can be at Lyminton early in the morning.

Anyone else free?

I think launching would have to be in Lymington as it's the only slipway I know west of Southampton, a bit difficult to read map and look for new slipway towing a boat. tongue.gif

I am easy either way. My missus gave me premission to disappear for a whole day on next Tuesday and I can be at Lyminton early in the morning.

Anyone else free?

I think launching would have to be in Lymington as it's the only slipway I know west of Southampton, a bit difficult to read map and look for new slipway towing a boat. tongue.gif

Do you know if I were you for a 'first' trip I would be very tempted to drive the extra distance to Poole where there is a Marina called Cobbs Quay. It has a fantastic concrete slip that you can use at any state of the tide and the slip is totaly sheltered from the wind. The channel that the slip goes into opens into a virtualy land locked area of water that once again even in a force 6 won't get too choppy.

And you have a chandler on site and all the usual facilities.

So what's the catch?

#1 it's more distance

#2 it ain't cheap

Cost doesn't really matter, as it will cost me same/more in Lymngton anyhow (parking plus launching fee). The snag is finding Cobbs Quay. It's very difficult to do a 180 turn in middle of the road in poole, with a boat knowing you's just missed the turning blink.gif

Also, is there slips to avoid during certain direction of wind, i.e., slipway north/south but wind is crossway west/east?

Cost doesn't really matter, as it will cost me same/more in Lymngton anyhow (parking plus launching fee). The snag is finding Cobbs Quay. It's very difficult to do a 180 turn in middle of the road in poole, with a boat knowing you's just missed the turning blink.gif

Also, is there slips to avoid during certain direction of wind, i.e., slipway north/south but wind is crossway west/east?

The slip at Cobbs can be used in any wind at all.

Finding it is easy in as much if you can get to Ferndown (main road all the way) I will meet you there in my car and you can follow me to Cobbs. It's the leapin' about and all that that I don't want to do.

Mad Mike

Kam, our police club trip was cancelled from Lymo for today, however I'm fishing the YYs at the mo, so were out whatever the weather!!

I can help next tuesday if you wish, or take you down farther west if you wish to meet the guys down there. Maybe a few boats could go out if people are available???

Regards Rich

Kam,

If you go for a launch in either the solent (sheltered from the wind) or more preferably Poole - you can play and test the boat to your hearts content.

If it is really snotty, we could stay in the harbour, or if just iffy, the headland protects a little of the bay in a W / SSW, so we could even sneak out for a little fishing.

I went out on Friday from Christchurch in a S Force 6! - Sure it was snotty out their, but ok for testing the boat - anf fun in the waves!!!