Weymouth - again!....

Adam F

Personally, I was going to wait until Thur or Friday when the forecast will be a bit more accurate and hopefully weymouth may styill be in the cards ( unlikely I know ). I was figuring that if the wind is a southerly then Solent would be well protected, but what is the fishing in the Solent like ? Any marks Rich ? smile.gif

So any more thought about this Sunday yet?

The forecasts are looking very bad, force 5-8 s/ssw depending on which website.

Further you go east, better the forecasts, solent force 3-4 but it will be sheltered, even St Catherine point is only 3-4, but not sure how wave and tide will affect the state of the sea?!

Fishing wise, the weeds problems is getting better as the temp drops, and nowhere as prolific as it was. Whiting has been making an appearance in the solent, but cod (15 lb) only got as far up as Hayling bay last week. There is always chance of early codling in the deep water off gillkicker.

given that that stuff is moving east, and at this stage it's not really an issue of what it's going to be like but when it arrives, I seriously suggest Sunday's a day to earn not spend brownie points!

I would love to be able to say that I have it on good authority that the whole of next weekend will be a SW 1-2, the cod will be on the spoil grounds in numbers competing with huge numbers of rays and conger for baits, and a lorry will shed it's load of squid on the A35.Friday night........but I can't so I will be earning on the off chance anyway rolleyes.gif

Is it a curtailment then?

This's what they have on Metcheck webcite:

Weather Warning

Issued [Friday October 01 2004 : 8:46:00 AM]

ISSUED : 1 OCTOBER : 09:00

Areas Affected : Southern, Southwestern, Northern England, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Western, Central, Northern Scotland,

There is some concern regarding developments on Sunday with regards to a complex depression and secondary depression (one of which is the remnants of Hurricane Lisa) crossing the UK.

There is a high risk of gales or even severe gales in Northern and Western areas coupled with exceptional rainfall across Northern areas as well as Southwestern and Southern areas during Sunday evening.

If you have a journey planned for the period in the regions mentioned, you are advised you stay informed of the latest forecasts.

Please follow all local TV & Radio warnings for more information.

Neither is next Sunday look very promising either, shall we cancel it and reaarrange at a later day, maybe a codding trip or something?! It will gives you all a chance to use up the squids you've ordered ....... biggrin.gif

Yep,

I think we will now officially postpone the Weymouth trip. Can we re-schedule for a few weekends time? The Bass should still be around - last year it was mid december before they dissaspeared!

Personally I dont think that anywhere will be suitable for any decent fishing this weekend. Yesterday or today was your best bet.

Adam

Was going to try the Solent Sunday, but given that the weather forecast had a HUGE arrow with "Gales" written in it and warnings that travelling on Sunday is inadvisable, I decided it wouldn't be the best time to be in the middle of the Solent ( and then with the knowledge that it will only get worst as the day goes on ).

Oh well - only been three weeks since I last went out weep.gifweep.gif