Honda Outboard

Brian

Bian,

I dont think you can go wrong with Honda....I've been a convert to Honda for about 10 years.....I use a 225 hp, 10 hp and a 6 hp.......never had an issue with there 5 year gaurantee they have always come up trumps....no matter what agent you use...but a very reliable engine.......a lot of commercial boys get 5 to 6000 hrs out of their engines.....

Tomo

I had that boat - just remember the marking that says max power is "50hp" is for the old way of measuring power (at the fly wheel) - now I believe that it is measured at the prop. So a modern 50hp is too big and could invalidate any insurance and RCD regs.

I think a modern 40hp falls within the 50hp max rating of the old Dory Eurosports. (Had a new Johnson 40 2 stroke on mine 5 years ago and it was mentally fast!)

HTH

Rob

Edited by Rob

Thanks Guys.

I'll pass this on to him.

Tomo

That sounds good, a couple of others have said they consider the Honda to be bomb proof.

Rob.

Interesting about the max hp, there's no plate or any other info on the hull stating the max hp.

I had a 70Hp Suzuki on mine...............

Flying lessons frequently provided for passengers.

Ridiculously fast when on the plane but a pig to keep below 10 Knotts in the harbour with such a huge lump on the back! and I am not referring to me or the Mrs!

I had to stand forward of the helm position to get the bow down - even a set of Doel fins didn't help that much.

Still a fun boat to have - loved every minute.

Neal

I had a 70Hp Suzuki on mine...............

Flying lessons frequently provided for passengers.

Ridiculously fast when on the plane but a pig to keep below 10 Knotts in the harbour with such a huge lump on the back! and I am not referring to me or the Mrs!

I had to stand forward of the helm position to get the bow down - even a set of Doel fins didn't help that much.

Still a fun boat to have - loved every minute.

Neal

Have to say Neal that this made me chuckle more than a bit....

You are an absolute GEM mate tongue.gif

Respectfully

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif