August Fish

great white

Charlie,

For the last species comp:

Bob F - 4 Mullet (biggest 1.5lb), 4 Bass (biggest 0.5lb)

Rob F - 4 Mullet (biggest 0.5lb), 4 Bass (biggest 1lb)

Last Weds night:

Bob F

2 Sole (biggest 12oz)

1 Bass

1 LSD

Adam F

2 Thornbacks

1 smoothhound

1 bream

cheers

Bob F.

Hmmm...I thought we agreed at a club meeting that we didn't have to give sizes, for a couple of reasons:

1 - to encourage more people to record their fish (some people were not bothering to record them because they were emabrrassed by the size).

2 - it was not just the size of the fish we were bothered about. We also wanted a record of what was being caught throughout the season and how frequently.

Bob F.

Thats news to me Bob, But I was on holiday for the Auygust meeting.

How can I note specimen percentage if I do not have any weights.

We have no problem adding any fish to the book but I think we should include the weight of the fish.

If they are embarresingly small, do we really want them in the book just to make numbers up?

Guidence/comments please

Charlie biggrin.gif

I think you will find that it was mentioned at a committee meeting. The idea was to not deter newer less experienced members who fish inshore from registering fish. I can see no reason why smaller fish (but obviously not every fish) cannot be registered to help give an overal picture of whats being caught, this does not meen that they will all be read out at meetings or figure in the fish recorders reports. Perhaps if someone wishes to record several fish together ie: caught 10 pout largest 2lb this would keep the angler's interest in recording catches and keep the fish recorders workload to a minimum

Martin

Yes I agree Martin

I remember the Committee discusion that there will not be a minimum size for fish being put into the book.

I have been using the log to book large catches with the biggest fishes size noted

Ie bass 4lb, best of 10 caught

I think that is the best way to continue. but would still log all 10 individually if the Member wants me to.

Thanks Charlie