Hooks

Paul D

I am looking to buy some hooks from uk hooks. ( In particular their circle hooks and larger sizes for the forthcoming cod season ).

Buying in quantities of 100 there is a considerable saving. However, I only want around 50 so is anyone else interested in doubling up to keep the prices down ?

If you are post here with sizes / quantities and I will put all the orders together.

Web site is here UK Hooks

Paul, are their sizes the same scale as other hooks..............lets say I fish for Cod with 6/0's, would I use a 6/0 circle hook????

If the answer is yes, then I'll go halves with you on 50 hooks for the winter season, I'd like larger sizes, with Cod and Channel Whiting in mind.

Will be in touch when I get home,

Regards to all..............a resting Rich

Are they cheaper out here Duncan??

As the USA has a bigger customer pool (it's that pool again biggrin.gif ) they are in a far more competative market. So the answer is YES!!! All tackle is considerably less expensive. Look for line. lures. reels and superb graphite rods at a considerable reduction on UK prices. Besides Walmart Sporting Goods section just outside Kissame there is a Sports superstore that has everything fishing and shooting. Check out the Yellow pages telephone book for the address.

As for bringing a rod or two back, what I do is go to a builders merchants and buy a length of rainwater pipe and some duct tape. Stick the rods in the pipe with some newspaper padding and duct tape the ends.

Mad Mike

OK. Let me know and I will add to mine to get prices down. Rich, tackle is well cheaper in USA. Checkout the braid prices, I got some spiderwire for less than half the price over here and also last time I was out there I bought a Ugly Stick for under half price here as well.

RE; Hook sizes, yes they do the large ones for cod / whiting etc. I was going to get some of them as well. Will get more and split with you when you return.

I will await others orders and pool them ( eg. Paul J ).

Mike get's it wrong again by saying........ just outside Kissame there is a Sports superstore that has everything fishing and shooting.

Carol has just reminded me the big sports goods hypermarket that I bought a load of gear in was at Sarasota. Whoooops Sorry blink.gif

And Paul is right about Spider braid, it's tuppence a to over there.

Mad Mike

PS any of you beggers want to know what 'tuppence' is they can meet me in the dark corner after Bobs Karen has given me an earfull.

She might give you more than an earful, Mike. Have you seen her??? unsure.gif

6ft 5in tall, 28in biceps, 38in thighs, size 13 slippers. And she's a red head...got no hair, just painted it red!! blink.gif

I should take a mate with you, just to pick up the pieces. ohmy.gif

Good luck.

Bob (the battered) F.

ps - she does have one weakness though...but I haven't found it.