Looks grim ahead

JIMBOB

It is the remnants of Hurricane Bonnie which is now on its way.

From metcheck website :-

Metcheck

Bonnie now UK-Bound

Added [sunday August 15 2004 : 11:30:00 PM]

Although Bonnie didn't quite make it to hurricane status, it hasn't stopped the system joining forces with a temperate low and now has her sights set on the UK.

So what can we expect? well there are already noticeable differences between Bonnie and Alex. Alex reached us at the end of a heatwave, had to contend with a European blocking pattern and crossed the Atlantic very quickly.

Bonnie will bring copious amounts of rainfall, in fact by this time next week much of the UK will have seen around another 5cm of rainfall, the main feature however will be the wind... ready for an autumnal gale? you'd better be...

AND

Stormy September

Added [sunday August 15 2004 : 11:30:00 PM]

Right, time of the month again to take a peek at what next month has in store for the UK.

At the moment the latest forecast is very consistent with the Metcheck Autumn 2004 forecast. The start of the month looks set to bring in the Atlantic in style, wet and windy weather is expected to dominate much of the first half of the month with two possible 'very' stormy periods, the first right at the start and another around the middle of the month.

Towards the end of the month things will start to calm down as high pressure brings us the first of those chilly mornings followed by fine day weather types.

The temperature overall is expected to be average to slightly below average, the rainfall is expected to be above average in Northern areas.

The reason for the increased activity is expected due to a very active period in the Atlantic Hurricane season as well as increased sea surface temperature in the North Pacific.

...bloody great!! I've got all next week off and was hoping to be taking Splash-Out out for a number of sessions.

Just came back from a weeks holiday in Wales. Should've taken the boat, plently of water everywhere and no charge for launching. Blimme, they don't arf make their puddles big in Wales!! rolleyes.gif

Bob F.

mmmmmmm..............just glad I'm orfffff to jolly old florida where them blighters emminated!!!!

see you guys when I get home wink.gif

Regards , rich

Have a giant breakfast at Denny's for me will you?

OJ, bacon strips, light scrabled eggs, a stack with plenty of butter and maple syrup, and the bottomless coffee cup biggrin.gif .Ahhhhhhhhhhh biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I agree with Coddy about Cracker Barrel but Ponderosa does not come up to Dernny's standard for pancakes.

For sheer value though you can't beat those all you can eat for $7 chinese buffet retaurants. Wow talk about eat your self silly sick.gif

And for the best Ice cream, well that's at the very first ice cream bar on the left as you walk into SeaWorld.

And for entertainment........ Go sit at the bar in a TGI Friday and watch the GEORGEOUS bar maids work the clients. Real live Cyotee Ugly right in front of you.

Ahhh Memories rolleyes.gif

Mad Mike

Sorry to make you all feel sick sick.gifsick.gif but I am off to Miami in 5 weeks................ for work sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Still at least I might get to see all those bodies strutting their stuff wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Keep missing out on the fishing however blink.gifblink.gif

Now let me think ........... fishing in the UK or Miami ............... hmmmm

Of course "PANCAKES" come out top biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif who needs loverly bodies to look at wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Hi Adam

I got a Baracuda of about 10 to 12lb biggrin.gif and loads of bait fish, not a clue what they were, redfin, white somthing I think.

My Export Director got a Tuny Tuna of about 18 to 20lb smile.gif

If I knew how to post a picture here I would mad.gif

Bait fishing was done on very very light gear and drift fishing using 15lb class rods with a Senitor 4/0 reel !!!!!

Bit over the top and not easy to handle. dry.gif

Interestingly they used pennel rigs but the top hook was left empty, the bottom hook was put in the mouth of the live bait.

Seemed to work however

Coddy

cool.gif

We're intending to spend a week around Miami next year, before we drive up to Orlando for the Theme Parks. Hope to wet a line or two.

What's best to do? Hire a small dinghy for a day or go out in a charter boat? Pros and cons for both I suppose.

Bob F.

May-mi is geting quite expensive on the charter scene. I would sugest that you go futher up the coast to get a cheaper charter and the best deal is to offer to make up the numbers on a low occupancy charter.

By the way going north from Miami you will find Vero Beach is about as far as you want to do in one hit up from the airport and it leaves a reasonable drive up to the mouse on the following day. ANother tip is to advance book an 'A' or 'B' class car to hire and then have a haggle for an upgrade once at the hire depot in Miami. We got a bleeding great Buick for a few $ more.

Mad Mike

By the way going north from Miami you will find Vero Beach is about as far as you want to do in one hit up from the airport and it leaves a reasonable drive up to the mouse on the following day.

Mad Mike

What's this drive to the mouse thingy?

Is its name Micky by any chance?

Me I like Popeye ............. always sucking his pipe! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Us old Florida hands try to act cool by talking about The Mouse as the Floridians refer to the whole Disney thing, Far far better for dads is to con the family into a trip to Daytona beach. Talk about babe central. Naturaly you will be telling the family that you are inspecting the beach and it's environs as a suitable venue for a bit of beach casting. But OH Boy the babes. Mind you it's also a good idea to keep an eye on the wife......... Daytona also has it's own Muscle Beach and there are some pretty fit dudes and more pecs than you could shake a stick at. laugh.gif

Mad Mike