Tuesday afternoon

Paul D

Fished Tuesday afternoon with Elaine and Helen on a mark to the west of XRay.

Weather was beautiful with a slight breaze but fishing time was limited as had to be back for the football.

Had trouble finding Mackeral ( scad were all I could find at XRay ). tried near the ledge as well and caught a grand total of one mackeral sad.gif

Due to lack of mackeral fished with quid and we were getting plenty of bites which we couldnt connect with so assumed ( correctly ) that it was bream. Reduced hook size to size 2 and started catching bream after bream to around 1 lb.

Not a single dogfish smile.gif - but nothing else either sad.gif apart from .......

Helen Blanked smile.gif

best part of the day was Elaine who was initially not fishing and Helen wanted to get somthing to eat so gacve Elaine her rod to fish with. No sooner than Elaine had started fishing she was into a good fish. This was no small bream - it dived 3 or 4 times and I though - bigger bream. However, this was a Trigger Fish - first onboard Neo. 1lb size

WOW!!!! A trigger!...did you get a photo? What did it weigh?..as far as Im aware there isnt a club record for a trigger????

What a catch, Id love to get one of them. Did you take the co-ordinates, as triggers usually inhabit a very specific area of a reef, and it you have caught one, you may catch another!!!! biggrin.gif

Adam,

Didn't get the co-ordinates BUT I know exactly where it is on the map smile.gif

XRay head west and look for a gully that goes around a little "island" sort of thing. We ( Elaine ) caught it sitting right on top of the island which the gulley runs around. ( You need a small hook ( size 2 ) as they have really small mouths but some wicked teeth !! ).

The fight from a 1 lb fish is superb - even better dives than a Bream.

Re: Club Record, I had teh same thought, but there is a club record of 2 1/2 lb ish.

regards Paul

• 3 weeks later...