Kayak Training

Sprinter

Well i thought i would give you all an update of my weekend.

I did the training course on sunday, To be honest it was not a course in the sense of the word for legal reasons and all people agreed to learn some skills from some more experienced yakkers whilst all paddling around together. cool.gif

Started at 9 and was in the water shortly after that, we went through the basics using tried and trusted military training techniques "monkey listen, monkey watch, monkey do" with the opportunity to jump in with a question at any time.

The Instructors took us through all of the basic skills and got us practicing them, these skills ranged from the most important "falling off and getting back in" through to paddling strokes turning and lots of other basic skills.

everything we had learned in the morning was put into practice with a game of Kayak water polo, the changes in myself and other participants was noticable, i personally gained a great deal of knowledge but just as important "confidence"

the Yakking finished about 13:00 with a 40 min social chat and lunch, followed by about 3 hours of relaxed discussion regarding safety equipment, RNLI expectations, responsabilities, Nav personal safety Etc, in fact everything you would expect and some.

The instructors were very down to earth and knowledgable, irrispective of experience and skill not a single ego came to play for the whole day, It was superb and topped off with a healthy