BASS Comp - !! SAT !!

Adam F

A slight change this weekend, as for a change and in response to several members request that they cannot fish Sunday's - this weekend is our annual Bass Specimen Hunt - on SATURDAY.

Usual rules, a 7 hour period to be fished between 6am and 6pm. This is a big tide, picked to allow a good crack at the spikeys.

There is also a trophy for the best catch and release bass on this comp.

Who's fishing then?

Jim,

That is a definite possibility then. I have to collect some glasses, so no fixed time to get them. Could go early and make sure I am back in Christchurch by 4:30 PM ish.

( If I can get off work early, could collect them on Friday possibly and then Saturday I have nothing stopping me going any time then ).

I am keen to have a go at my first comp but need some crew if I am going to take my boat out from Poole. If they have any experience at all of bass fishing, it would help.

[i think it might have been a club member who went past me yesterday when we were drifting about 1 mile east of the Ledge - they probably thought I was mad fishing for bass so far off the mark! Well yes I am mad, but my excuse on this occasion was that we were having lunch and I couldn't be bothered to anchor up. Even after drifting over the correct mark many times I have to report that the mackerel was fit and healthy and still perfectly formed!!]

Mike

Sorry Simon - this comp has always been on Sat. I even put it in BOLD on the comp sheet so it wouldnt be missed.

Thanks to all those who have booked in. I have just had a look back at the Sat vs. Sun thread that run a while ago to see if any of the Sat supporters have booked in.... guess what?..... rolleyes.gif

What! mad.gif why change it 5 days before the comp without posting anything up on here, i have arranged my work schedule so i can fish on sunday. this comp has been on the calendar for ages, i can't make Saturday so no comp for me then i guess mad.gif

Simon L

Simon

I can confirm that the date on the calendar for this comp has always said saturday. I put it up there and and can confirm it hasnt been ammended in anyway

Mrtin

you may be right Paul, but for the last 2 years its been run on a Sunday, and now this year its on a Saturday, and as i guess i wasn't at the meeting when this was decided i was unaware that it had been changed, may be my fault for not checking the calendar properly, but i don't remember seeing a posting or anything telling of a change.

Why cant these types of comps be run over 2 days and boats declaring which day they are going to fish, so that people like myself can choose a day which best fits in around work / family commitments. A trip down to fish for me needs a bit of planning, for 8 hours on the water it usually means a 16 hour day by the time i've unloaded all my work gear, filled up with fishing gear, towed all the way down Etc Etc.

Sometimes i just feel these things are organised around the local wishes without thinking about the folks who have to travel, you guys need to remember that we are hardly ever able to get the the meetings due to them being on a Thursday and as such we are an unheard voice at the time these descisions are made.

(Gripe mode off)

Simon L

Simon,

In defence I refer to the following post :-

Sat or Sun

For information, I also prefer to fish on Sundays ( for footballing reasons ! ) and petitioned for the day to stay on a Sunday. But as they say you can't please all the people all the time.

regards Paul

you guys need to remember that we are hardly ever able to get the the meetings due to them being on a Thursday and as such we are an unheard voice at the time these descisions are made.

(Gripe mode off)

Simon L

Simon

Thats why we have a website and all the years competitions are on the front page under site content Competition details

The idea behind having a competition on a Saturday was to try and please some members that due to whatever reason struggle to fish on Sundays. Seems like you cant please all the people all the time.

Sometimes i just feel these things are organised around the local wishes without thinking about the folks who have to travel, you guys need to remember that we are hardly ever able to get the the meetings due to them being on a Thursday and as such we are an unheard voice at the time these descisions are made.

The above statement is so unfair and so not deserved on a committee that try their hardest to please all. Also for your information even the local members have very little input into this sort of decision. The committee are entrusted to sort out the club calendar of events based on Tides and available dates and not to individual requests although they do try and accomodate members wishes

Martin