Fri, Phaeton.

Adam F

Duncan very kindly offered Jimbo and Me a place on Phaeton, on Fri. it seemed a lull in the weather would be an ideal oppertunity to get out.

After a slightly delayed start, we headed off in calm seas towards the West. Macky were sparce in Swanage Bay, dispersed by the storms. Pushing on round the Anvil, we decided to go to plan B, the residual swell not being too plesent.

Over to Christchurch ledge. The bream also seemed to have been moved and only pout and doggies obliged.

The only saving grace for me was an approx. 1.5lb Lobster!!!!! Taken on my bream gear, size 4 hook and 10lb trace! - Tasted heavenly! biggrin.gif

Jimbo lost a small eel, then the wind got up, the anchor was breifly stuck and gremilns in Phaetons electrical system pushed us back home.

A very plesent day nonetheless!

Cheers Duncan.

You were welcome guests.

This is a new gremlin - and an extremely unwelcome one! At the end of the day it must lie in the main power cables somewhere which means connections, cables or the isolation switches. Sorry we curtailed but as I explained I felt prudance the best course of action and didn't think stopping the engine a sensible idea once use of the trim moter started cutting the electronics!

Enjoyed your company