100th Boat ??

Duncan F (bathclaret)

Welcome to the club Duncan

Sorry we did not meet up last night at the AGM but as you say most meetings are not so ..................... involved.

Good luck with your new Warrior, I had, until recently a 165 a what a great boat is was. If you get half as much fun out of yours as I did with mine for the four years I owned her then you will enjoy the experiance.

I look forward to your catch reports and may you have many big ones over the gunnels, just leave a few for us poor mortals! laugh.gif

One tip I would suggest, if using Baiter as your slip, make sure you give your trailer and brakes a really good fresh water flushing as the slip is very shallow and you need to get the water well over the wheels to launch! dry.gif

Well done in becoming the 100th boat in the club.

Coddy

cool.gif

Welcome Duncan

I am sure you will soon see that last nights meeting was not normal, the committee try very hard to ghet through the formalities promptly then on to various discussions and presentations before dropping down to the bar

I hope all goes well with the new boat, see you afloat

Charlie

Duncan,

It was good to meet you, and I think you'll get a huge amount out of boat ownership. The 175 is a cracking boat, and one of our committee members, Adam, had a beautiful example.

I like your suggestion of "sanction" rather than "consequence", and I agree that this is a practical, workable approach.

Do drop me a Private Message (PM) as soon as you want that check doing. Being a new member, I'll try to arrange this as quickly as I can at a mututally convenient time. If you have a detailed chart on board at the time, and if it's me doing the check as I hope, then I might be able to give you an idea of how to find some good "general" marks to get you started.

Welcome to the club!

Mike

Safety Officer

Hi Duncan,

One little tip\hint to pass on if you've got a new boat and new trailer.......particularly the trailer....is to get a nice big tub of grease.

.......and first trip out, go to a slip like Wick, where you can slip the boat off into the river [no salt], tie her up and then spend 30 mins. greasing up all the 'vunerable ' bits of the trailer; all the nuts\bolts, sliders, brackets etc. that you might not want to seize up in yuears to come!!

I did above on my current trailer [coming up to 2 years] and see the huge difference to the previous one that wasn't!

What a great time to get a new boat.....just as the 'season' gets going and the learning curve goes into 'exponential'. Good luck and if looking for any help\tips on this [Christchurch] side of our patch, give me a call.

ATB.,

Alun.

Thanks all for your welcome and advice.

The 175 is coming as a package with a 90hp Honda engine, plus I added a 5hp auxiliary. All the electronics will be factory fit - Lowrance X510C F/F, Lowrance Global Map 5200c plotter & chart. and an ICOM DSC/VHF radio. A second battery is being fitted too. One nice thing about the Honda engine package was the "freebie" of a RYA Level 2 P/B course for up to 4 people.

Off on hols for a week now and picking up the boat as soon as we get back -can't wait!