Wilson Mulleting on DatDamBoat

Gnasher

he is showing a great way of catching them, but you can do even better by adding a small clear bubble float about 4ft above the ultra light spinner as you can retrieve even slower,but the float stops the spinner from dragging the bottom due to the ultra slow retreive as the rig should be set shallower than the depth of water your fishing!

BTW, this is Dat Dam Boat that hes fishing on, although it (my) boat looks far more substantial these days!

Dan

Edited by Gnasher

yes mike, it got me after about 10 seconds to! But your correct, its shows a pretty informative method for those who don't know and also illustrates the difference for the less informed between thicks and thins! (but it does give away a local hotspot, so appoligies all round, but theres plenty of room in the bay anyway)

Edited by Gnasher

Charlie

What you see on his programs is the product of adrenalin,excitement and relief.The quarry doesnt know that its on telly and can often be less than obliging when a camera crew clump around spooking everything in sight.The laughter is nervous energy.I have spent a few days fishing with John away from the cameras and he is great company and very interesting to talk to with a wicked sense of humour,just the same as most of us i suspect.

Rup

Rup, i think it was you who was providing the entertainment when you were out filming with him................ overflowing waders, throwing rods, and a big barbs to.

Anyway, back to the link, its very informative and i hope the method helps a few, especially as its filmed in water most of us know very well.

Edited by Gnasher

Rup is right about John.

John does love the camera and is perhaps one of our best known angling presenters, but away from it he is a genuinely nice guy with plenty of good stories, banter and debate.

I was lucky enough to spend a few days with him in Alderney and hope to spend a fair bit more time with him over the coming months and years.

I certainly don't know him well enough to regard him as a mate, but I do know he is always welcome on my boat and always very good company.

Tom

I enjoyed the Video,[chuckles and all ]. My Daughter lives 400 yds from this fishing spot,

I have never caught a Mullet [there's a surprise]

I have an inflatable.

I have spinning gear.

I have a national rivers licence[never used in 3 years,owning it].

Do I need,and where can I get,a permit to fish here.?

Thanks Jack. dry.gif