hello all im new to this fishing lark

Member Removed

hi people

over the last year me and a pal got our hands on a nice little 40hp 16ft fishing boat, once we found a trailer for it that was it we where out on the water atempting to catch fish with out much luck weep.gif well over the winter i have been doing loads of jobs on the boat too many to mention, my pal has now lost all interest and just wants to go wake boarding where as me on the other hand am slowly getting into fishing. so thats where you guys come in i have sent of for my application forms, and im going to start picking all your brains on how to fish what tackle to use etc etc tongue.gif im not your usual jack the lad who will just use you all for ya knowledge local marks specices etc i genuinely wanna get out there and enjoy it first of all id like to get out as crew with you guys to see how it is done oh oh please please can i cool.gif bloody long post for first one have to work on this fingers going to drop off

james

Welcome indeed James!

As well as being a great club for learning all about fishing, you've definitely come to the right place to improve your knowledge of boats, with a huge wealth of knowledge about boat craft, equipment, seamanship, and safety at sea. The members are great at sharing safety information as well, and there have been many instances of members helping each other out, online, ashore and afloat.

Try to come along to one of our meetings (next Thursday for example), and introduce yourself and join in! There's usually a good turn-out, and it will give you a chance to meet others with similar interests, and pick their brains!

As Martin said, the fishing season is just about to start. It makes sense to be prepared, and you'll soon be taking advantage of the club membership.

Hope to see you soon.

Mike

Safety Officer