Radar Reflector - How best to fit

Coddy

Hi Guys & Gals biggrin.gif

I have purchased a large aliminum radar reflector from ebay but I need some ideas on how best to fit it on the bridge on my Warrior 165.

I will need to lower it for towing, so it will need to swivel like the radio arial but I don't want it falling when traveling at sea.

Anyone any ideas? unsure.gif

Thanks in advance

Coddy

cool.gif

Blue tack? biggrin.gif

On Afishionado I've got a sorta S/S socket fixed to the cabin roof and a short S/S mast that slots into it. I had some trouble at first with the mast dropping out but then some one told me the socket should be on the outside of the cabin pointing up laugh.giflaugh.gif

Seriously though the reflector shoul be fitted in what they call 'catching rain' position. Apparantly if it is mounted in what looks the obvious and easiest way it is a very poor reflector, but if mounted so that the top section would collect rain it is 100% more efficient.

One could fabricate a nice hardwood socket and a length of S/S pipe to fit it. To secure whilst in use a simple 'R' clip through the base and mast.

If you want to go that way I've got some lumps of teak and you can have one of them to shape up or I could do it for you in the shop.

Mad Mike