Southern Areas Facing Storm Havoc

Paul D

Storm Havoc

Veronica Taylor, watch officer at the coastguard, said the forecast for the south coast was severe gale force nine, rising to storm force 10.

"Ms Taylor said she expected leisure boats to remain ashore.

"Anybody who goes out on a boat who doesn't know what they are doing is risking life and limb, if you do it in these conditions it is significantly more dangerous," she said.

Interestingly I was down on the harbourside Saturday, (Christmas shopping!), and watch what looked like a Police/Harbour patrol boat going backwards and forwards accross the entrance to the harbour.

I assumed they were looking to stop anyone going out due to the conditions.

Coddy

cool.gif

Dave that was the PHC survey boat

when I went over to see Sam at Poole Quay Boat Haven on Sat, The boat was surveying by Stakes Buoy

For Info i have checked the records at the Club this morning and at 10am yesterday [sunday] it recorded a steady speed of 46 knots and peaked at 49.99 knots.

A tad breezy

Charlie biggrin.gif

Dave that was the PHC survey boat

when I went over to see Sam at Poole Quay Boat Haven on Sat, The boat was surveying by Stakes Buoy

For Info i have checked the records at the Club this morning and at 10am yesterday [sunday] it recorded a steady speed of 46 knots and peaked at 49.99 knots.

A tad breezy

Charlie biggrin.gif

Charlie we managed one gust on the metre here (don't know how accurate) that went exactly 65 knots.

Down in windsurfers corner at Sandbanks there is a small yacht lying up to the bottom her mast in water and also a 21 footish Bayliner sports cruiser up on the beach.

Breezy, definitely! Mind you, last year didn't we get gusts to almost 90 knots on one night?

Tom

Channel light vessel saw 8 hours of solid F8 and 1 of solid F9 with gust to 69knots on sunday. blink.gif

There was a Nab17 moored in the bay near me on sunday afternoon, this morning it was nowhere to be seen, I suspect it simply filled up with water and sank. MY dustbin lid has simply disappeared. sad.gif