Fishing Comp. crew required.

rich

Fishing competition virgin, male late 50's, seeks understanding partner to crew on Warren during the forthcoming PBSBAC competition on December 2nd.

Successful applicant must want to win but must be prepared not to, must be a member of PBSBAC and have a GSOH. The latter to be seriously tested throughout the day. NS prefered but not essential.

As I anticipate flounder fishing in the harbour the adventurous need not apply.

The lucky candidate (and their anonymity can be preserved for a price) must be prepared to sing my praises for putting the boat on the right "mark" in the unlikely event that a prize is claimed, but should shoulder full responsibility should we blank.

Funniest reply (if more than one) gets the ticket.

Rich (S)

Paul,

Many thanks for your offer.

Had I been launching at Baiter as I have been in the past, I would have willingly accepted your offer to crew and would have had no problem about getting back early to enable you to be involved at the weigh in.

As it is, I have recently put Warren on a pontoon berth and would need some assistance in loading / unloading her before and after the comp.

Thanks again for your offer. If you fancy a trip out from Poole at another time please give me a call.

Rich

Rich,

Thanks for the concern but im sure i'll work something out and don't want to make your arrangements more complicated.

Glad you got this post started as im sure there are a lot more people looking to crew or needing crew and this is a good place to get this sorted.

cheers

PJ

Similar credentials and requirements to Rich, feel the time is right to loose my (competition) cherry with someone experienced and sensitive - maybe even more than one person at the same time ohmy.gif

I am intending to fish the Open Comp on Marsel 2 (MF805), departing Cobbs Quay in time for the 08:30 bridge lift and returning for the 14:30 bridge lift (can't sneak under on neaps). This limits fishing time but should leave time for signing-in and weigh-in, or am I under estimating the queues that will be present?

Space available for 2 crew (possibly 3 but cockpit space would be a bit tight). Boat is set up for cruising rather than fishing so would appreciate domesticated folk willing to work around limited fishing facilities (i.e. only 2 rod holders at present, no ice box or live-bait tank, probably limited anchor scope).

To offset my minimal fishing ability and poor knowledge of local marks/conditions it would be good if the crew could provide all those skills biggrin.gif Share cost of bait/fuel w.h.y.

Fishing area open to suggestion, subject to conditions and time (cruising speed 16 knots, max 20 knots).

Please PM if interested (Club Members only).

Alan.