Hello !

sTTu

Hi People !

Just a quick post to say hello.

I've just bought a Merry Fisher 625 from Tom at Southern Motorboats so I'll be having a "dangle" in the Bay very soon.

Very excited about getting back on the water so look forward to seeing you out there !

Cheers !

Stu

Hi Stu and welcome to the Club's Forum biggrin.gif

I hope you have a great time on your new Merry Fisher and hopefully we will see you afloat very soon

What is the Name of your boat?

Charlie

Thanks !

My 4 year old wanted to call it "Star Wars Lego" smile.gif (bless ! must make sense when you're 4 I guess) but we're not sure on names yet.

Any suggestions ?

Its such a personal thing its hard to help with

I wanted to call mine "The Muts Nuts" but the FPO stopped that

I was tempted to nick my mates idea he has one in New Zealand called Sweet Chariot,

I have now opted to remember all the lunches in the back garden during over 18 months of fitting her out and she is called "Alfresco"

Have fun choosing, and remember at times you have to use it on the VHF so try not to pick a tongue twister.

Regards

Charlie

Hi Stuart

Well dne for registering rather than simply lurking around in the background (stalker ph34r.gif ).

Stay in with this lot and you will start catching far more than a cold I promise.

Don't expect it to be easy, but suddenly the penny will drop and you'll start catching mackerel. A little while later you'll get a Bass and then that will be it, you'll be hooked on this fishing malarky.

If you decide you want to do more than tie a bit of string to your big toe and hang a worm off a bent pin then you could do much worse than actually joining the club proper. It's

Don't expect it to be easy, but suddenly the penny will drop and you'll start catching mackerel.  A little while later you'll get a Bass ....

Sorry, Tom, I didn't catch your definition of "a little while later" ... still after my first bass and wondering if it will come before my pension sad.gif

Good luck sTTu, may your little while be shorter than mine wink.gif

Edited by AHoy