Week-end Fishing

Coddy

Hi Guys

It seems you all had a cracking day out on the Solent with some superb fish.

I too was out but the other side of the IOW.

Saturday we had 54 fish between 3 of us, as this was a species type hunt in all we had 12.

Tope, Starry & Common Smoothies, bream, Tornback, small eye rays, dogfish and a tompot blenny

Sunday went out again but sea state not so kind sick.gif

Only 22 fish and 7 species

However it was good to be out on the boat AND fishing!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Only downside my electronics battery went flat as we were coming in which made it interesting without a sounder into Chichester harbour! dry.gif

Regards

Codfather

cool.gif

Unfortunately, due to my accident, I missed the trip out on sat............sun however, we nipped down to south wales, and I had a species hunt of my own........I mananged one!!!!!! A blinkin' eel! All that after the great write up on sole in Sea Angler!!!!!!

A truly miffed Rich!

Hi Bob

I have two batteries but only use one, which is charged by the engine, to start.

The other one is a normal car battery 85 amp/hr to run all the electronics, lights and bilge pump. The later is being changed so that the pump will run off the starter battery as I only use this if any spray comes over the top when travelling.

blink.gif

I had all the electronics on for both days aparantly the Fish finder uses the most power, unless you are on the radio all the time, and I should have sitched it off when at anchor. You never stop learning ph34r.gif

I am, however, going to get a batery change over switch so if needed, I can top up the charge on the electronics battery. I know I should use a leasure battery but the boat came with this set up and as it is about 1 year old and the battery has 3yrs guarantee left I am not going to go out and get a new one just at the moment wink.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Sounds like the right way to go, Coddy.

Yes, I always turn off the FF when at anchor. It serves no real purpose then, and only drains the battery. There is also a train of thought that the continual "pinging" scares certain fish away.

Bob F.