Hello

Member Removed

Have just joined PBSBAC, haven't sea fished since a child, have a 20' Karnic at Parkstone Marina.

Going out on Friday morning for the first time for a few hours.

Can anyone give me any clue where to start - I have the gear and a couple of friends who know what to do - just don't know where to go.

Thanks in advance

cheers

malcolm

Welcome to the club!

If the Easterlies die down, you might like to try the Poole Patches, which have been producing a lot of black bream lately...and other species.

Check the charts...but they're a mile or two East of Poole entrance, and usually with plenty of boats anchored on them (might need to "trip" your anchor).

Best to use bottom gear, smallish hooks such as No 4 fine wire, and either squid or ragworm.

As they are here to spawn, a lot of the members pop the smaller reddish female ones back, and keep the larger males - which have bluish markings. A couple for the table usually go down very well!

If a bit breezy, you could try picking up a buoy in the harbour down towards Sandbanks near a deepish channel, and bottom fish ragworm, for bass and flatties. There's a bass ban in force North of the line from Brownsea Castle to Salterns Marina - and any caught "out of bounds" need to be returned.

Oh - and have a browse on the Catch Reports on the forum too !

Mike

Welcome to PBSBAC Malc- you've come to the right place.

The guys here (not me you understand, I'm as green as can be) are absolute stars. What they don't know ain't worth knowing.

Someone will be along shortly with some specifics, but I have spent 12 months getting my luxurious 27 year old Shetland seaworthy, got qualified, made my two succesful trip out, have stayed safe throughout, and have even caught some fish due to the skills and knowledge passed on by the members of this club.

And the Chairman even has a Karnic! biggrin.gif

C.

Hi Malc

Welcome to your clubs forum. I have now updated your forum status so that you can now see the club section of the site.

For a few marks to start you off look at this

These are general areas/marks that you might like to try weather dependant of course.

As Charlie says I also have a Karnic (2460) called "Awol" and used to keep it at Parkstone Bay Marina (Mitchells Boatyard)

How long have you had your Karnic? How do you find it?

Anyways pop along to our meeting this Thursday if you can. Its held this month only at the Parkstone Yacht Club

Look forward to meeting you

Martin

Thanks for that, it is somewhere to start.

I think I am at Mitchells as well - Karnic seems very good, had a rib in solent for a while and it was a bit like a 4x4 for the school run but this one seems to be more like a proper boat and has somewhere for the kids/wife to lie down. They appear to be well put together but only been out for 8 hrs sofar, and the furthest was down to Chapmans Pool

cheers

Malcolm