Mariner/Mercury Outboards

Coddy

Hi

If anyone has a Mariner/Mercury outboard should replace the water pump impellor every 2 years if you do not want to void any possible warranty claim.

I know that the engines come with a 2 year warranty but any possible claim after this date may be affected.

First service is after 20hrs then every 100hrs or each season.

4 strokes require the cam belt replaced every 500hrs or 5yrs to prevent failure in use.

I found this out from a dealer at the week-end. The user manual does not provide this information or at least I did not see it.

Thought it might help anyone with one of these engines.

Regards

Cod cool.gif

Coddy............surely if you are following routine maintenance as laid down in their literature, and they have negleted to include details re. change of impeller, or cam belts, then you have followed their direction!!!!! They should be culperable in civil law if they have failed to have taken reasonable steps to include this in their literature?? Its just a matter of the cost getting it either to court or polite legal letters?

Will ask a very learned friend from Farrers in London

Regards, Rich

Hi Rich

I am not in any dispute but unless my eyesight is getting worse, which could well be, as I seem to miss girls in short skirts tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif and fish bites sad.gifsad.gif

I did not see any mention of it in the users handbook.

Thought I would pass on the information I was given.

Cod

ph34r.gif