Google Pack

Paul D

Another chance to improve the next competition prize.

I have added a button to download Google Pack which we will gain up to $2.00 for each user who installs the Picassa software.

You will be asked what software you wish to install from a selection of items. The Picassa software is really quite good as well.

Choose what you want / dont want and then download and enjoy.

A word of warning ...The Google pack also instals 'Firefox' which is Googles web browser. the instalation tries to make Firefox your default browser instead of Internet Explorer. I had enourmous problems with Firefox and eventualy had to get Dell to send me all the reinstale discs.

I dare say that the clever PC guys could sort it out themselves but as far as I am concerned $2 is no where near enough to make up for having a load of Google 5hit trying to take over my PC.

Mad Mike

A word of warning ......

As I stated, you can select what you want installed. The Picassa software is well worth installing as is AdWare. Just no need to install Firefox ( and even then I am not convinced it is that bad )

And you will then have photo manipulation software / photo album software which is free and works well.

Unfortunately for those without PRIOR knowledge of the Firefox defaulting it's self and the expertise that you and some others have Paul the download causes havock. However having said that I sucessfully downloaded the pack last week and having been pre warned as it were I did not download the Fire fox and some other bits I did not want by un ticking the option boxes

Mad Mike.

I got a very nice email from Google apologising for the origional error on their part ?????? And asking me to try a specific link that should cure the problem (a patch????). When I tried it, the download prog was very much more user friendly and clearer than before. Lets hope that the updated thingy (patch???) works for every one.

Mad Mike

PS I'll do most things Paul as long as I am asked nicely biggrin.gif

Glad to hear all is OK now.

Anyhow, I would be interested to hear others opinions on the photo software ( Picassa ). It seems pretty good to me and I know there was an earlier thread on photo software.

I have catalogued every single photo on my PC now ( and that includes all the website ones as well ) - astounding how many there are !

Downloaded and installed Firefox, just to see if any of the scare stories on here were true.

Guess what ? It works a dream and no evidence of screwing up my PC.

It even asks you if you want to make it the default browser.