THE RIPPS!!!

Adam F

same trip as weymouth return - about 18 quid for Phaeton's fuel......... smile.gif

however I also get through 230 on anodes and 200 on oil and antifouling each year so it's not all smiles... sad.gif

happy to take on hitchhikers if I am heading out though

anchoring is not generaly the most productive out there as for rope it all depends on which tide you anchor flood tide it 250ft on the ebb the pick would go down in about 150ft but in my humble opinion its not worth the effort historicaly the cod start to show in numbers from the end of may

the yachty types couldn't care less and seem to actually be looking at it the other way

the RYA is chucking us (and you) to the wolves to protect it's core - actively campagying for legislation to impact craft over 17 knots design speed which rules out all the sail craft!

if the fuel duty moves to full road levels (UK) for diesel then I will be moving all my boating to France or Spain - it's that simple economically for me. It already costs me 50 to drive to Poole and back - takes 3 hours each way in the summer and Rockley don't exactly give the caravan fees away either. I don't believe I am alone and the family boaters will be the ones quiting - which is a real shame.

HOwever given recent developments in Poole they won't mind either as thier target seems to be moving towards Cannes every week on the Quay.

Sorry about the rant - you didn't really ask for it all.

Duncan

I would agree with the points you make on Poole and your reference to Cannes. Pooles a beautiful place supposedly, trouble is most locals cannot afford it!

However being a petrol head I havent really been following the diesel saga but can sympathise with you. We (petrol users) already pay top whack so know what you guys would be hit with. A seroius whack in the wallet!

Martin

Having had 90 and 175 ob boats for the previous 7 years I don't have any problem paying for my pleasures!

funnily enough I did more fishing then too. the Poole thing is really about driving away the families - the Quay Pub on the quay being the best example recently. from a family orientated place it now bans children from 1800 completely along with all the new fancy wine bars / clubs etc from last years developments.