Which Quality Uptider..

toerag

Right, I've decided to get a decent uptider to use for pirking. I've had the Suveran and Team Daiwa recommended to me, does anyone else have any ideas or experience?

By the way - reasons for using an uptider - my 15lb class uglystik struggles with a 1lb pirk, yet everything I hook is landed as it's nice & soft actioned. My 30lb class uglystik handles 1.5lb pirks well, but is so stiff it rips the hooks out too often for my liking, so.....I reckon an uptider will give me enough flexibility to stop ripping hooks, and the extra length will work the pirks better. I think a 4-10oz rated rod will be best?

I've often wondered??

Does a more expensive (better?) rod catch more expensive and better fish?

Mad Mike

I remember the story of Yahudy Menhuine (however it's spelt) a world famous violinist. He played an immaculate overture for Violin on his world famous Stradavarious Violin which was worth over $2000000, in front of a huge audiance at the Carnegie in New York. After the 5 minutes of raptuous applause died down, he paused and then smashed the violin to pieces on the floor. In the following silence he said..........

"I bought the violin this afternoon at Boosy and Hawks on 5th for $100.

Ladies and gentlemen it is the player that makes the music not the violin"

Justa thought

my votes with Adam

and surely you are having a laugh with 4-10oz...................I have a 1481 ugly and 2-6 and 6-8 uptiders but a 4-10 ??????????

jumped in there mike - got to respond!

more expensive may, or may not, be better but without doubt you can have more enjoyment from appropriate tackle and rods are the critical element in this 'fun factor'.. great reels make it last longer of course................... blink.gif

Edited by duncan

Mike

I think you miss the point, its not the expese that counts but the pleasure you derive from your equipment/sport.

Personally I would rather fish with a quality rod action than a stick of rhubarb it matters not what costs, I would certainly rather use a rod of any description than a violin laugh.gif

Martin

Great tackle in the hands of a novice is no better than a sh*te tackle in the hand of a professional, but same great tackle in the hands of a good angler, the differences are apparent.

I use a Saveran Pro something can't rememer the name, I'll have a look later. It's a 3 piece comination rod, use as a 7' downtide or 9.5' uptide, great little rod.

Adam - I want ot support my local shop so the greys is out. I've also heard that it's a bit stiff.

Duncan - everything I read about the TDXU rates it as 2-8 or 4-10 depending on model.

Newboy - apparently the Daiwa is a better rod, but I know anglers that really rate the suveran.

Cheers for the feedback guys, I've actually now been offered a daiwa powermesh uptider for a few beers, so will try that to see how it performs.