14 Nov

lady jane

You could also try the hole at the end of Peveral Ledge; Paul F. and I had an hours fun teasing squid with dead pout ther on Sunday.

The one we netted went 3 lbs 4 oz. and 'lost' several others.

Two meals for Debs and me !! ......... Zapped, stir - fry yesterday;

... and the rest got stewed in tomato and forest musrooms today......SO SWEET.... with flounder goujons and garlic chips on the side !

Alun.

Andy, our buddy boat for the comp was catching them over the Hood last sunday, and Mark and I saw a boat taking them there the week before, when a huge beastie was squirting water up over the boat, it looked like a massive fish splashing on the surface.

The Hartlepool also holds them, as does the other small wreck nearby at the mouth of the Harbour. Billy had a huge one off the stone pier recently too........... and I beleive he caught a big squid too!! rolleyes.gif

Were you using purpose made jigs for them?? If not, buy a few, fish them on a short snood of heavy mono, with a decent weight underneath, and bounce them on a retrieve. They work very well.

Rich

Thats a nice squid there mate.

Specimen and I had fun fishing for them on our Kayaks over the Hood on Bonfire night.Managed some about half the size of yours.I am glad we had Drysuits on that night.We got a bit wet from the spray they shot at us rolleyes.gif

I ate mine the following day,cut into strips lightly coated in seasoned flour and Deep fried for 3 minutes.

See if I can get out again soon and stock the freezer up

Zzippy