Best April weekend........

alun j.

Hey Loyal Royal........... what a good looking boat !!

Nice to [ almost ] bump into you over the Hood!....... after a brilliant day, where I learnt a lot after my first adventure to the Shambles !

Who needs a chart......... head for the boat park.......... over 30 out there on Sat.

Then do you look at the swells or the patterns on the Fishfinder ??

Quickly got the hang of the dragged weight ; but found matching weight on trace to speed of water more tricky !!

4 or 5 hours learning....... brought us just 3 plaice of no great size !

Back at Portland..... surprised to see some early fat [ I mean BIG] mackeral,

but only smallish pollack

Good day out in that super weather............. and good to catch up with an old friend , who showed me how to launch at Castletown..... for free !!

Talked briefly to a diver ,on return, who had loads more plaice than us.... speared right near the harbour arms....... and loads of scallops to boot!!!!...... perhaps I'll change hobbies !

Managed to grab a couple of hours today as well......... out to the Ledge..... 10 mins. there [ from home! ] ........ got 5 nice pollack [ 2 - 3 lbers.] and a couple of those fat mackeral again!....... is summer coming early ?? ...... water temp. rising rapidly..... into double figures now !!

Tight lines,

Alun J.

Quote..........who showed me how to launch at Castletown..... for free !!

Castletown, is that the rocky foreshore on the left just before the gates of the old military base? Where there is that line of fishermans huts? I used to launch my dinghy there years ago, but found the attitude of some of the locals a pain. They used to claim it was all private and park their cars to block access to the slip area.

Worst was all was the father of the bloke that owned the nearby dive shop.

Any way if that is the place is it more accessable now?

Mike