Sunday Flat Fish Comp

Manic Moore

Charlie,

I think the 'specimen' is a bit more appealing format than the species hunt;

not easier, just a more satisfying result !

I'm getting excited already !

Alun.

And that from a man who didn't join the club for a long while because he was a none competitive angler tongue.gif Alun I think you are hooked

Martin,

It's the other way about.........

the competitve 'thing' [ in species hunt ] is all about chasing the'pointless' , for points.

I go fishing to enjoy catching good [ and tasty] fish......... competion is a 'bolt-on'.

I'm just as happy being with someone catching a good fish , as getting it myself [ and I 've done a bit of that this year !] ........ and I think you are too... judging by 'our' success this time last year ???

I think something like this is the reason that the specimen comps will get a good / better response than the species hunts ??

Good luck for tomorrow; I expect we'll be close enough to compare catches.

Alun.

I too agree with Alun, I go fishing for the pleasure of being out on the water, and the joy of catching fish. I get just as much satisfaction from seeing others on the boat catching as I do from my own fishing.

IMO 'competition' would detract from my enjoyment.

Having said that I still think the club is well worth being involved with as sharing anything doubles the overall enjoyment, the help, advice and humour are second to none and it's nice to know that there is usualy some one to wave to or hail whilst out on the wild blue yonder.

Mad Mike