Good Fishing

Gnasher

Right, took the new boat "Dat Dam Boat" out today from mudeford. First sea trial. Nice and easy to launch, and i was suprised to zoom along at 20knots, considering im used to 8knots on Gnasher. Had a few pointers on where the bass might be hiding, from one of the more sucsessful fisherman in here, and i thought i was gonna bag a hatfull.....

Filled up with perfect joeys that i killed in my livewell, to much handling kelled them off i think. Anyway, me Dom and my dad attempted to drift a float, but setting stop knot at wrong depth lost gear straight away, and i was getting a bit stressed. Anyway, i bagged two bass, well chuffed as they were my first, not very big, but well over the size limit and will be good to eat.

A few more maccy, then we shoot over to xray. Unusual as the dogs and tiny bream were few and far between meaning small maccy fillets could be left for a decent length of time. First up, im in with a pb small eyed ray of 9lb, dom next with a half decent Tope, the odd dog for 30mins, then my Dads in. A great scrap and a big ray meets the net. A small eyed about 11lb, and also his very first Ray. A couple of bream follow, then Dom Hits a fish, spinning rod, 12lb line and another small eyed is boated. A smaller fish, but at about 7-8lb(another small eyed) it was the perfect end.(all the ray released)

Just a word of warning, never put your finger near the mouth of a ray, one launched its self on the end of my index finger, clamped down and chewing the end of my finger off, leaving lots of blood....Hurt alot, but angered me more when the others are rolling about pi$$ing them selves laughing....i can see the funny side now. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The tide was really pulling, meaning the rays were just holding in the current and taking an age to boat....great fun though, especvially on light gear.

Saw JimBob in the harbour, he had a good day wink.gif

Dan

My Dads Ray

post-14-1158004465jpg

Edited by Gnasher