Speed In Christchurch

Paul D

Tidying up my e-mail and I found I had received this back in April.

Still relevant and worth taking note iof if you intend to belt through Christchurch Harbour ......

11 April 2006

Following two successful prosecutions, jet-skiers and motorboats operating in Christchurch waterways are being warned that they could be leaving fines in their wake if they don

A timely reminder Paul but I fear that you are reminding the converted. I am always heartened by the skill and care shown by our club members. IMHO the attitude we have to our use of small boats and our hobby only goes to confirm the need for a proper small boat basic skills licence and regestration of craft for every water user.

Last Sunday I was suprised at the large number of 'quality' power boats very obviously going well over 10kts in Poole harbour. I mention quality of boat because I am bl00dy certain these flash gits have sufficient equipment on board to show a true speed.

Mad Mike

Whilst returning from a jaunt last Sunday (Bream, mackeral, dogfish and pollack) I was passed in Christchurch harbour by not one but two ribs screaming down the channel! I have often seen the Christchurch harbour patrol rib around at weekends. The crew are very friendly and helpful but does anyone know of their exact purpose. Are they ther primarily to assist with saftey or are they empowered as enforcers?

Ta!

Steve