Alderney p*** Take...........

duncan

Looking at the latest from UK weather online it's showing a NW - NE 2-3 for Tuesday, after a settled period of light Westerlies.............

Then Wednesday the Sun comes out in Alderney with light ENE winds.

Clearly someone somewhere is taking the p*** and building our expectations to a cresendo before an almighty crash with the arrival of a huge front Monday and S 5-6..............but just maybe those weather gods have decided to give us a break?

Am I the only one that sees all the good news as just another precursor to disaster? The fishing getting delayed until our arrival, the weather, the bait (mackerel arriving)..............

what's that radio advert - if it's too good to be true.............. sad.gif

We deserve it (well I do anyway!! tongue.gif ) after two year's running of bad weather and only just making the island - I must admit it is all looking good - maybe too good... ph34r.gif

We never really know until 24 hours before hand Im afriad. Last year they were giving 6's & 7's the week before and then they mellowed it the day before - we just got over and the conditions improved all week.

Adam

6s and 7s .............ekkkkk.

N4 w3 S1-2 are my parameters else it's going to be a week in work........... sad.gifmad.gif

on the other hand at least I have a pretty big window so heading over Wed wouldn't be a disaster (assuming you have left some beer in the pubs by then!)

Duncan - 3/4's in any direction will be OK I'm sure for Pheaton. We left in a 6 last year and whilst it was hellish inshore, once 15 miles off wasnt all so bad - mid channel it doesnt matter where its coming from apart from if your going into it.

I'm sure it will all be fine.

Adam

that will all be OK then.............. rolleyes.gif

I know what you mean about the differences 'offshore' but the conditions we came back from Guernsay in last summer, on both occassions, were such that we wouldn't have gone 'the other way'!

much much happier with it behind me - not good heading into much at all really and i'm not crossing at 12 knots biggrin.gif

Sure I'll find a window though - one of the advantages of changeable conditions and 6 hour tidal streams.