13th February

TomBettle

Dear All

This is a very polite request that you keep all apendeges crossed and pray that the weather and fishing gods are with me for the 13th February.

Assuming your Ahmens and crossed things work you will see the results on Sky Sports on 3rd of March.

If I make a total pillock (not Pollock before someone else gets in there) of myself I will be unlikely to ever rear my head again in public (some may say this is a good thing, but please work with me here).

If it works I shall try and give the club a good mention if it doesn't I'll do my best to keep my gob shut (those that no me will be aware there is fat chance of that).

So, without losing circulation, please keep all things crossed for the 13th as I am taking a "Tight Lines" TV crew fishing for the day.

Wetting my self just a little

Tom

sick.gif

PS: Does anyone know of where I can get a reliable source of Sandeels for Weymouth in mid February?

Guest Guest_Paul J_Fisherman

Nice one Tom-how exciting

Make sure your wearing your PBSBAC uniform biggrin.gif

Peter Russell (shytalk) or Billy should have the gen on sandeels

Peter i believe has been out with the river cottage crew-hugh whathisnamestall so may have some good advise

what's its crossed

Paul J

Dear All

This is a very polite request that you keep all apendeges crossed and pray that the weather and fishing gods are with me for the 13th February.

Assuming your Ahmens and crossed things work you will see the results on Sky Sports on 3rd of March.

If I make a total pillock (not Pollock before someone else gets in there) of myself I will be unlikely to ever rear my head again in public (some may say this is a good thing, but please work with me here).

If it works I shall try and give the club a good mention if it doesn't I'll do my best to keep my gob shut (those that no me will be aware there is fat chance of that).

So, without losing circulation, please keep all things crossed for the 13th as I am taking a "Tight Lines" TV crew fishing for the day.

Wetting my self just a little

Tom

sick.gif

PS: Does anyone know of where I can get a reliable source of Sandeels for Weymouth in mid February?

Tom

Good luck with the tight lines fishing trip and I think you might need it in February. Not to many options in feb so I guess the plan will be a load of pollocks on the wrecks?

Best of luck and remember I will be listening for the club promo tongue.gif

Martin

Hi Martin

I have told them it is mid channel for Pollock or we may not have a programme.

A good chance of Rays on the various banks, but nothing much to make a film about...

Apparently we will only have about 8 minutes of footage presented, but I shall do my best for the club!

Tom

NOW: Does anyone get Sky Sports, my digibox doesn't have it?

If you do, and we get on, can someone record it please!

Tom, why not try a few bags of Storm Sandeels, the larger ones?? I used them mid channel last year, where others on the boat used firetail jellies or larger storm shads, and was the only angler not to blank. Its pretty much what they are feeding on, on the day, and what kicks the feeding urge. Ive got a good supply of jellies I brought back from the states last year, 100 in a pack I think, and you are welcome to them. My money would be on taking a bag of large storm sandeels per angler, a few bags of stormies......if they are complete muppets, the wreck will eat them!!! Why not try the coloured sandeels from Veals (I think), round about the same price?? Ive also got a shed load of Flying collars Ive made up for the bassing season, if you want to try those out, take a few on board with you. Use a weak link for the bottom lead, and tackle losses will be far less. You have my numbers, give me a bell.

Tight lines, Rich

• 3 weeks later...

Don't set your video's just yet.

Due to distinctly sporadic sport out from Weymouth this month I have postponed the trip with Sky Sports until the Spring.

I am tempted to try and get them to join me / PBSBAC for the Bream comp in May, but I will be more than likely needing one of the clubs top guys with me for some marks as I don't have a clue off Poole! (anywhere for that matter)

Tom