London Boat Show

Coddy

Hi all

Went up to the London boat show today, Saturday.

Loads of nice boats and equipment if you have a bottomless pocket. biggrin.gif

Disapointed with the Warrior stand, however they did have a 175 and the new Pro Angler boat on show. This is based on the 165 but with a number of changes including a fold away/ hidden fishing canopy, the steering console has the look of a 175. There is no seat/cuddy under the front window so easier to get to the anchor bollard. Floor had under floor storage areas and the windows are bonded in and not bolted.

No prices shown anywhere, no sales material, just 3 boats and 3 to 4 staff and they did not even look to try to get custom from the punters. I suppose that they may be getting a bit cock sure of themselfs, I know a number of companies who went down this road and did not last long when the bubble burst. sick.gif

Orkney stand showed a couple of new style boats with fold away cuddy canopies, they looked on the lines of the 520/590.

Again not interested in talking or providing sales material. sad.gif

Went on the Avor stand .............hmmmmm I would just luurrvv one of these boats. They looked great but where do I find

agree some disapointments -

guiness finally gone up - 310p a pint

avanta tackle was in the main hall and others had taken stalls in the east hall for the first time. enjoyed selecting my hooks for 2006................for those of us that dont get to look round walmart or bassangler etc in the states!

Rodman have produced a new 1170 to replace the 1120 - unfortunately it's wider to give better accomadation.........;o( interestingly it is available with Volvo's IPS but the price is a little high overall and I will keep looking at SH 1120's.....

the Jenneau 32 was my pick of the medium cruisers for style and a good fit out - don't like the varnished mahogany around the cockpit - looked daft especially with the teak deacks - but nothings perfect. Would make a half decent angling platform too!

bought a Lowrance 3500c - felt I had to after recomending it so much. 370 including charting to cover iceland to Gib was an offer to good to be true (and actually withdrawn 20mins after I purchased!)

and a new tap for the cockpit sink.........

Lowrance initially gave them to retailers to give out with each Lowrance unit sold at the show - this proved very sucessfull!

Further stocks were aquired - then more required and last I heard they were continuing but at cost on the charts; don't know what that ended up being!

It's a new Lowrance charting provided by Transas, looks like admiralty. Coverage is an amazing Iceland (all) to Gib and between. Detail is 'best available' - looked around Pole/Peveril etc and everything I had ever seen on a chart was there so here's hoping!