Winter Pike Foray.

Swainiac

I have arranged the first trip for Friday 10th Feb, its best to get a full day on the river, so an early start would be best. A second day, on a saturday, will be arranged to cater for the chaps who cant make a friday.

Please confirm who can attend, Friday list is here:

Friday 10th Feb.

Kam, Billy, PJ, Adam, James + one, Bob D

Saturday date TBA.

Alun, Les L, Sam,Dan, Dommy.

Gordon, I havent put you on a specific day.......can you make the friday??

We used artificials last time to good effect, James had a good couple of takes on livebaits and float gear, so this should be tried again. Livebaits can be taken on the carriers, so bring suitable bait to snag a few of them. Any Trout taken, MUST be returned, any pike taken will be removed.

Rich

Good news Gordon, I presume you will be travelling with Adam?? If we aim to meet up at High Post services for about 0900hrs, the fishery is less than a Swallows flight from there.

Sam, a light spinning rod will suffice, along with a smallish fixed spool reel, if youre in trub there, I have a spare rod and reel I can lend you. The pike last year were all jacks in the three to five pound range, but I'm positive that Jimbob or Adam will squeak out an alligator, and Dan or Dommy will crack out a croc!!!!

Anthony, the owner, is looking forward to seeing us on friday. Letts not let him down!!!!! Tight lines, Rich

Well, not as many as last year, but still as enjoyable, with a few pike in the net to boot. Im glad you all managed to make it, and hope you all enjoyed the day, the weather was kind, the sausages tasty, and fishing ninety six rods on three metres of bank was a first for me.......quick lads, cast into the "Pike Pit".

Im hoping that we can go this coming Sunday.

Rich