Amazon Link

Paul D

If you want to buy anything from Amazon ( ie. Books / DVD / Video etc. ) then please use the link at the top of the forum here to go to Amazon. This way the club will earn referral fees which will help to pay for the web site.

regards Paul

PS: In the next few weeks, I will be picking selected items from Amazon

Eg. Available now :- cover

• 2 weeks later...

The above book is actually really interesting. It is more a history book, but has some astounding facts in it ( such as detailing how Cod was that numerous in Canada in the past that they were caught by lowering baskets ).

It is actually quite depressing when you read how the fisheries were decimated off Newfoundland.

Very eye opening book.

The Hooked on Bass book above I have as well and this was co-authored by Mike Ladle, who you may remeber gave a talk at the club meeting. This is a must have for Bass anglers ( in my opinion ).

Does anyone think it a good idea to have a review column in the forum, so users can write short reviews of books / videos they have bought ( and we can add a link to the item to allow it to be bought ) ???

I'd like to get this also. I was considering writing a few articles on various items of tackle - but it comes down to time.

If we could get a section where for example - you enter the name of the item, rate it out of 10, give the plus points and the bad, and then add comments. I think that would do.

EG.

Product: 30lb Boat Rod

Make: Abu Conolon

Marks out of 10: 12/10

Plus points: Tippy action, ergonomic foregrip, good number of rings, light, solid reel seat.

Minus Points: No gimble

Comments: The best rod I have ever used for everything from Bream to Eels. Highly recommended.

What do you think? Would this type of interactive media suit the forum better, or could be set this up on the main page??

Adam

Yes, I think that is ample. Like you said, it is just the time involved in writing up a review that stops more people doing it. If we could have a simpler, standard format like this it would be easier.

Would be better on the web pages because it would attract more people to the site, but a lot harder to design and implement.

Paul, I think we had better leave the decision to you.

Either Forum or web will be ok. Like I mentioned before, maybe start with the Forum, if it is easier, and see how it goes.

Bob F.