Vovox Scaldia

blueboatdriver

Great picture Simon

She seems pretty well loaded as the anchors and Plimsoll line shows.

Must be a flat-bottomed boat otherwise her draft would make it very difficult to manoeuvre in shallow waters.

Interesting to see all the black markers hanging on the mast to indicate what she is doing.

Opps! Martin was that going to be the next comp question? ph34r.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

She has actually only been showing her 'restricted in my ability to manoeuvre' symbols, ball; diamond; ball; by day, red white red by night. I did expect a dredger of this size to display two balls by day (two reds at night) on the working side and two diamonds (two greens at night) on the clear to pass side.

The correct symbols are there but are not actually raised.

Sounds a bit confusing when I read it back but I know what I meant dry.gif

Volvox Scaldia

It sounds like the sort of infection that naughty ladies who work the night shift in certain areas of big cities might get?

But I am sure that one can get an ointment for it..................................

"Doctor doctor my strawberry has gone red!"

"Don't worry my dear I have some cream for that"...........

Mad Mike

• 1 month later...

Can anyone explain how they dredge as i have watched the boats in the harbour but can't see how they get the sand up. Also whilst taking the dog for a walk along the beach i watched one of these dregers unload onto the beach but all i saw coming out of the pipe was loads of water and no sand also saw quite alot of nice size shell fish and it bloody smelt down there!