Any Help Appreciated!

Harry S

I have just purchased a Warrior 165 Mk1 and although I have years of experience under sail, I have very little experience of fishing boats. Poole is one of the closest locations to me and I was wondering where is the best place to launch and will anyone be about in the winter months for company and/or advice? Harry

Hi Harry

Firstly welcome to our home on the net and hope you enjoy the site.

Regarding your purchase of a Warrior 165 there are several in the club now and I have heard nothing but good reports about them so it looks like you chose wisely there.

In Poole you have several options for launching. The first is Baiter slipway that is off of Labrador Drive. The slip is a good tarmac surface that extends about 70/80 metres seaward. There is plenty of parking for both car and trailer. The downside is that it is shallow and you will have to unhitch and push the boat into deeper water to get your boat of the trailer. Cost wise its about

Hi Harry,

I too am a 165 owner...and launch mainly from Wick in Christchurch harbour. Use the search function on the top toolbar for 'slipways' etc and you will find plenty of past info on this subject.

If you want more indepth info, send me a PM, and Ill call you to discuss.

Adam

Hi Harry

Welcome to the forum biggrin.gif

I too own a 165 and having moved down to Poole just 12 months ago I can recommend joining the PBSBAC.

I have found everyone very helpful and providing you are willing to put back what you take out it can be very rewarding. I have still to find all the secret spots where the fish sit and wait for others to catch them however! wink.gifwink.gif

Downside of Baiter is that as you have to bury the trailer in the water to launch it plays havoc with your brake linings unless you wash them out well and travel far enough to dry them out. sad.gif

As stated earlier, welcome and enjoy rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Member of the Unofficial Warrior Owners Club

Coddy

cool.gif

Hiya and welcome...dont leave it at joining the forum, go the whole hog...join the fastest growing Small Boat Fishing Club in the entire galaxy!! No...I'm biased. A little bird tells me that Loyal Royal is now on the hunt for a replacement craft, with a Warrior set firmly in his sights wink.gif

Rich

Thanks for the welcome - I will join the club. With regard to 27 Nov 05, is anyone willing for me to tag along? - I am a bit unsure of the territory and the boat/engine, however, I dont want to be a burden and ruin anyone's competition day. I will have 2 children (10 & 12) and another adult with boating experience. Can be in the area and ready to go for about 0930.

Harry,

Tag along, there should be a small flotilla of boats around and you are more than welcome to try some of the areas out we will be trying ( I don't fish Poole that much myself, so not expecting to be catching too much - but you never know smile.gif ).

I run an Orkney 520 which doesnt steam too fast ( approx 15 knots max ) so you will have no problem keeping up if you decide to follow me.