Wrecking On The French Side

great white

Enjoyed the best of todays weather with a very nice trip to the French side of the channel on mats cracking boat Bliss 2

0700 saw me, both boys and Paul J meeting up with Matt, Dean and Matt's dad Fred to load up their evo 33 with all the gear for a late season wreck trip.

A steady steam and a couple of cups of tea later saw us drifting a deep water wreck. on the first drift we were into small pollack and a few more drifts brought more small fish.

Matt decided to try for better fish on another wreck 6 miles away, so after another cup of tea and a bit of filliting we again set up for a drift. this wreck seemed to hold better fish with Sam and I both getting better fish on the first drift.

a few more pollack and a gurnard later the tide eased and we set the anchor to see if we could tempt somthing to come out of the wreck, the breeze at slack water was just enough to swing us about the wreck rather than where we aimed to be and at slack all we had were pout and LSD. [40 miles from home and bloody dogfish sad.gif ]

Dean then had a much better fish on, which resulted in a good Bull Huss of 11lb biggrin.gif

For the last of the slack we decided to slow drift the wreck, and Dean was again into another good Fish, this time a lovely cod of 17lb biggrin.gif

As Dean had never caught ether of these species before I think Chuffed would be an understatement.

1630 saw us start the long haul home with the lovely sunset seeing us rounding Durleston and the boat arriving on her mooring just after dark.

Thanks matt for a great day on your boat, the boys and I really enjoyed it