Neo's Day

Paul D

Launched from Wick around 9AM ( having driven back home to collect the worms I forgot to bring ).

Sammy and Stingray were also launching at the same time for their first Wick trip.

Drifted in the harbour for mullet and managed to catch four each after around 45 mins ( shockingly slow ! ).

Then tried further out in the harbour for some schoolies but to no avail.

Off to X-Ray where we feathered up some nice Joeys ( now accompanied by Stingray and Sammy ). Anchored close to X-Ray and fishing was slow at first.

Gordon caught his usual Gurnard ( two again ) and I was struggling for a bite.

As the tide started to turn had a "mad half hour". Had bream after bream and then a tope followed by an 8 lb 4oz ( or was it 8lb 14oz ? - Gordon ? ) Spotted Ray ( picture for ID coming up when I get home from work ) and the usual doggies.

Then over to the ledge for four wrasse.

So my total was :-

4 Wrasse

4 Mullet

4 Mackeral

4 Bream

1 Ray

1 Tope

( Must find out where the Pollack hang out ).

I will leave Gordon to report on how he tested the strength of the boat floor after losing a good Bass smile.gif

Yes, quite a good day. ( Paul it was 4oz )

Fabulous day, the fishing was steady once we got anchored up, although Paul was getting more and more verbal vilant as I put 6 species over the side before he even had a bite. Best fish of the day was a Smut, about 5lb and on the light tackle fought all the way to the net.

The testing of the deck.... ah well when you loose your first really decent Bass on live joey, stamping my foot on the deck was the only thing I could think of at the time. Even more frustrating when I had done the hooking bit right only for the leader to snap. I can only think it must have been chaffed during the days fishing.

Anyway I think that Paul and I are rapidly becoming the new James and Adam!!

( Although our scales are accurate biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif )

I finished with 125 points and I am definately going back for another try for those Bass.

Thanks Paul

lol @ Adam

turned out phototo be a lesserspotted small eyed ray..........but as they had already done the ID maybe just a slip of the pen or, you never know around here, a play on an earlier thread.......... rolleyes.gif

expecting kam to shortly turn up with a 280lb tope and jack (eventually?) to report an 18lb whiting........ laugh.gif