Hi Zzippy

Maverick Martin

Just a quick note about myself.

I live in Bournemouth and have been shore fishing for about 12 years now.

I met Simon (Specimen) whilst out shore fishing and got chatting about Kayaks.

Simon got his Yak a few months back and I then decided to give it a go,now theres no stoping me biggrin.gif

We have fished the Harbour a few times,Poole patch,Durley rocks and the Solent.

We got some weird looks from the charter boats whilst out at Poole patch huh.gif

I been looking through this site for a few weeks now and decided to join,Looks like there is alot of local knowlage about fishing round our coast line to be found on this site smile.gif

I will attach a few links to show you my Kayak and how its rigged,and also of some catches we had recently.

My Kayak

http://tinypic.com/55l8ae

Simon with a Tope estimated at 25-30lb

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/adjusted.jpg

My first Bream

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/files/zzippy.jpg

Night fishing in the Solent

http://www.kayakfishinguk.net/e107_files/p...monspecimen.jpg

All the best

Zzippy(Mark)

Cool photo's

I like Tope fishing but would not have thought it possible from a Kayak.

Nice one. biggrin.gif

If we organised our boats as well as you guys do your Kayaks, we could get about ten anglers onboard. wink.gif

We too take the odd table fish so are not paranoid about putting everything back. However looking after this sport for the future is very dear to my heart.

Tight lines

charlie biggrin.gif

Hey Zzippy, I know we call ourselves Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club, but this is taking to Small to it's extreme. blink.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

No, seriously, it is great to see. Brilliant stuff.

My wife and kids have just starting Kayaking at the Blandford Club and are trying to rope me into paddling around Poole harbour one day. Yeh, right!!

cheers

BF

I asked Sam if he fancied a go

and he admitted that he is to lazy for all the work involved.

Mind you paddling to Southbourne rough sounds like effort to me too.

I have a video from New Zealand of how they use kayaks to transport themselves to inaccessable rocky coastlines for game fishing. If you would like a look let me know.

Keep up the great sport

Charlie

Hiya Mark......AKA Zzippy, welcome aboard. Enjoy the exchange.

Remarkable pics m8, just shows us what is available from a one man kayak!

Crack on!

Rich

Thanks for the welcome Rich.

Specimen and I were wondering......If we strap our 2 Kayaks together,would we be able to fish the small boat comps? rolleyes.gif

Zzippy

Hey Zzippy, I know we call ourselves Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club, but this is taking to Small to it's extreme. blink.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

No, seriously, it is great to see. Brilliant stuff.

My wife and kids have just starting Kayaking at the Blandford Club and are trying to rope me into paddling around Poole harbour one day. Yeh, right!!

cheers

BF

Hiya Bob.

I bet your wife and children are realy enjoying themselves on the Kayaks.

I love it.Even if I dont catch,I just enjoy being out on the open water.

We get some weird looks though,when we are a few miles out with our rods on board laugh.gif

All the best

Zzippy

I asked Sam if he fancied a go

and he admitted that he is to lazy for all the work involved.

Mind you paddling to Southbourne rough sounds like effort to me too.

I have a video from New Zealand of how they use kayaks to transport themselves to inaccessable rocky coastlines for game fishing. If you would like a look let me know.

Keep up the great sport

Charlie

Hi Charlie.

Thanks for the offer of watching the vid you have.I will hopefully be joining the club in the near future.I am just going to get our holiday out the way first.

Sam could always get a 12volt electric motor for a Kayak, wink.gif ,That would make it easier.

Simon(Specimen) has one,I think he is saving it for when we go out cod fishing in the Autum biggrin.gif .They have a range of about 12 miles and go about 3mph.It will come in handy if the tide gets too much for us,or have alot of weight on board from all the Cod we are dreaming about rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tight lines.

Zzippy(Mark)

Simon(Specimen) has one,I think he is saving it for when we go out cod fishing in the Autum biggrin.gif .They have a range of about 12 miles and go about 3mph.

Apparently someone signed for my deep cycle batteries the other day on my behalf! I'm sorting it out with the delivery company and some replacements should be sent out this week. Lulworth Banks here we come smile.gif