Latest Forum Member

Maverick Martin

Thanks guys for all your kind welcomes.

I am picking up my new boat next week sometime, and look forward to fishing the south coast with it. I am completely new to the South Coast, both fishing and boating round it, and hope to pick up some good tips from you guys. If anyone either needs crew at any time, or would like to come out with me or need a 'buddy boat' I'm keen as I need to learn!

I can be contacted on will.church@johnchurchltd.co.uk , or through the forum of course.

Can't wait to get out on the water.

Will

Will

What boat are you getting?

Regarding crewing etc use the boat buddy section of the forum to arrange trips. I know you tried with Kam but unfortunately that fell through. Bear in mind that each skippers weather threshold is different and rightly so as size of boat, comfort, distance to travel and a load of other issues come into the decision making equation. So keep trying and I am sure at some point you will get out with one of us. Better still increase your chances by joining the club. Its only

Right, I'm joining - I understand perfectly well the weather threshold. Better safe than sorry I completely agree!

I'm getting a Wilson Flyer - I wanted a new boat having seen some of the wrecks I've been offered second hand, and it was the nearest to my price range. I had some advice from the forum members on it,and it was well received. Basically as long as I'm prepsared to slow down in the rough it should be OK. also, the missus demanded as her part of the bargain a boat 'with a house on it!'. Well it's got 2 berths anyway!

I'll join the club then.....it seems great. I am based in Surrey, is there anywhere reasonable to keep a boat on a trailer near the Solent?

Thanks again for the welcome.

Will