Solent Trip

Adam F

Im taking the old man out for a birthday fishing trip, launching from Lymington, and planning to fish Sowley for the day.

I dont have any room for crew, but would appreciate another boat for company if anyone fancies it??

Anyoen know how the Solent is fishing at the moment? Are the Smoothies showing?

Adam

Guest Guest_Speciman_Fisherman

I just had an email from a friend who fished along the shore near there last night. Smoothies are now in that area.

Kam...if you still need crew, I'm available...as far as the smoothies go...they are being caught off Marchwood!! That far up the river at this time of year shows promise!!

Ive not heard of any stingers coming in yet...although its worth a try.

Kam, you have my mobile if u need to call.

Rich

Adam,

I will see if I can get the day off work - I have been fancying having a crack at the Smoothies in the Solent for a while now.

Will see if Helen and/or Elaine wants to crew and if not then I will be looking for crew ( you can fight it out Rich and Sam smile.gif ).

OK Game on. Helen is not keen going on that day ( as we have Elaine's friend staying around ). Provided I can get the day off work ( which shouldn't be a problem ), then Solent here we come.

What time were you considering launching Adam ?

Presume it is off to Sconse buoy for some macckie and then over to the smoothy spot ?

Yes - that is fine. Only down the road for me and I will be able to launch / retrieve using the new 4x4 smile.gif

Just need to find out if it is Sam or Rich as crew ( I presume depends if Sam can get over in time ).

Kam,

The Sconse buoy is just off Sconse point which is past Yarmouth opposite Hurst castle ( big buoy with bell on ). - see attached map showing Sconse point.

Note : Image produced from Ordnance Survey's Get-a-map service.

Image reproduced with permission of Ordnance Survey and

Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.

sconse.jpg

Should have it on Wednesday but will need to fit a tow bar ( plan to do this on Saturday as it is sitting in a box at the bottom of my stairs).

If I have it for the Burnham comp then will be OK for Lymington. If I haven't got it ( which will be really bad news sad.gif ) then I will know at time of Burnham trip. )

Either way, if I haven't go the car with tow bar ready ( unlikely ) , I will use Helen's HR-V although Lymington is easier enough to retrieve with 2WD.

LW looks to be a round 10:30 ish. and HW around 17:30.

Tides are smallish I believe ( which is probably a good job if the Solent is full of weed smile.gif ).

If the fishing is really good on the flood then can always come back a little later smile.gif