4 Spaces Available

great white

Hi all

I have spoken to Steve and confirmed the booking, subject to the weather we are on.

He will be looking for reasonable weather as we are taking the boys and going for the fun of it and not to get beaten up, battered and bruised.

Steve will postpone if the weather is poor.

I have arranged the pick up to be at the eastney side, on the ferry terminal at 0800. Steve will bring the boat over from the Hayling Island side

We will probably fish the Selsey area and Utopia 80 to 100ft

Slacker water for Tope and Hounds and during the day will have a chance to target some bream while the tide is running hard.

20b to 30lb gear downtide with braid, or it is on the depth limit for uptiding if you are confident to use that method.

So I suggest a bream rod and your prefered 20/30 or uptider

I spoke to Steve about bait but apparently Hermits are much harder to get there now than in my time so we should take our own bait

Mackeral, Squid, hard back Crab, hermit crab and a few worms for the bream

The kids are on 1/2 term so will go to the quay for some hardbacks, Rich can you organise some live hermits?. The rest should not be hard to get.

There is no cooker on the boat but a good kettle so hot drinks and biscuits will be supplied, cold drinks and sarnies you will need to bring with you.

We should get ashore at about 1630

I hope that is enough info, if you want more please ask

Charlie biggrin.gif

No Kam thats a couple of miles away

This one is the small ferry [Passengers and pushbikes] that goes between Eastney and Hayling Island

Take the turn off after Portsmouth and follow the Eastern Rd towards Eastney and Southsea [ Langstone Harbour on your left]

at the end of the eastern Rd there is a roundabout go left, passed the shops there is a set of lights with a small park on your left and pub on the corner, go left passed the park.

keep to the left at the y junction. keep going passed the slipway and the Eastney Cruising Association Boat park [on your right] at the far end of this rd the rd ends at the ferry pontoon.

Parking is on the gravel on your left.

I have not been there for 10 years so if anyone knows it better than me please feel free to correct these directions biggrin.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Charlie, how many hermits will we need for the trip? I'll speak to the guys in Weymouth for our supply. Also, have u a trap that you can put down at work?? If I bring some back with me next time I fish weymouth...next week, then you can keep them alive at work, I'm sure that will work.

Rich

at the end of the eastern Rd there is a roundabout go left, passed the shops there is a set of lights with a small park on your left and pub on the corner, go left passed the park.

keep to the left at the y junction. keep going passed the slipway and the Eastney Cruising Association Boat park [on your right] at the far end of this rd the rd ends at the ferry pontoon.

I have not been there for 10 years so if anyone knows it better than me please feel free to correct these directions biggrin.gif

Things have changed a little Charlie, they've apparently dug up your roundabout!

The turn off for Southsea is the A2030(?) and is the first slip off after the M27 becomes the A27.

Down Eastern Road until you come to a big set of lights with a yellow storage warehouse opposite, take the left signposted Seafront.

Through 1 set of lights, past a big white chandlers on the left and next set of lights by the park go left, brown sign for marina.

That road doglegs right,left,right then you need to fork left, again brown signpost for marina.

Straight down there, past the marina and slip etc as Charlie said smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Thanks Lookfar

Hi all

I have spoken to Steve this evening he is happy with the forecast and therefor we are ON.

We will be targeting Smoothy's and Tope

But if they will not play or the wind gets up we will also go for bream.

We will need to take bait.

Steve suggests whatever crab we can get plus squid and mackeral

I will be taking at least 5lb of squid, frozen mackeral, groundbait [Fish Magnet]

and some Rag plus the boys are going crabbing to collect hardbacks tomorrow.

If you can organise your bait it will help.

I will be leaving early and will meet you at the ferry jetty ready for a pick up at 0800.

I will be calling the skipper agin tomorrow just in case, but Sam has checked all the weather sites every hour today and I can see no problems.

Looking forward to it

Charlie

Charlie, does that mean we won't be feathering for mackeral on the way?

I won't/can't get any crabs, can someone shout me some and I'll bring a few large cuttle?

What sort of lead do we need? 1lb, 1.5lb, 2 lb?

I will be bringing a 30-40lb class rod with 50lb braid plus a 20-30lb rod with 30lb braid, are they ok? What size hooks do I need for tope, I have a few wire trace with 6/0, ok or not?

Kam

we will be feathering but no guarantees to catch.

The boys will get hardbacks, perhaps if others are buying peelers they can pick up some for you, the cuttles should be very usefull.

Tackle sounds fine but maybe you need a lighter rod just for the bream

6/0 on wire is what I use on my tope traces for smoothies I use 4/0 on 40lb mono

leads seem about right but again bring a few smaller ones in case we go in after the bream.

Cheers Charlie