Drone registration..

Stuie

We'll have to wait and see.

In theory it makes good sense. Let's see how it works out.

The man in the interview could be misleading by implying that the smaller drones are not a danger to aircraft.

The trouble with bringing this in will be that people who operate outside of the law will carry on doing just that !

It should help to stop complete novices being a danger though if they have to have some sort of training.

They also need to clamp down on people operating commercially illegally.

No insurance. No come back.

I think that the liability extends to the hirer as well as the illegal operator so they had better beware that one !

Interesting. . . . . . 

Jim

I'd like to know how they will be able to police this.

We don't seem to have enough  of any front line services nowadays and what we do have are being overwhelmed with accountability procedures and new regulations.

It's all so depressing it makes me think of getting away from it all....... :(

Saw a 29 acre Scottish Island for sale for £325,000 in the paper this week   .It has its own Lighthouse :D

But ....you have to rely on wind turbines and solar for power and no mention of fresh water  ....Always a sting in the tail... :wacko:

Bet there's also nowhere to keep a boat and...... I bet there's no Fish  to catch..... :unsure:

See how easy it is to make yourself depressed :blink:

Can they not restrict height that they can operate at.

then only allow unrestricted drones to people who have the qualifications ,

licence and insurance

If they restrict them it would be software so someone would soon get around it and post that info on the internet. My old drone was restricted to 400 feet but had an option to turn it off.

My new drone is restricted to 400 feet but there are ways to turn that off. ( which I have not done )

If I had a job that needed it I would do it but then I need to apply for special clearance ( NOTAM ) on the required date, time & position.

The people these new rules are aiming at are the " first timers "  or The " don't give a .... "  ers !

They don't need to be very high to kill someone.

I was reading a post last week where a drone hit someone in the face and created a new mouth for him. Straight through his cheek.

If a drone hit a windscreen of a car it could cause the driver to swerve and cause an accident. etc. etc. etc.

It'll probably just be a simple box ticking and bum covering exercise then you hand over the money and off you go with your shiney new drone.

Jim