wreck locations

Guest fish finger

Guest fish finger

I came across this dive site and thought it might be useful. I have never fished a wreck before but I guess you must have to be pretty accurate to anchor on it. Do you reckon these figures are accurate?

Alex

most of the time as dad tells me the dive websites never put the correct numbers on the website but normally a bit out so it takes some finding.

wreck fishing is great one of my favourite types of fishing and with dad being able to anchor it well normally produces a few fish.

when you getting your new boat we will have to get you out there

sam

Im not sure if its correct, but the more experienced among us will soon let you know. It seems interesting though. I am looking forward to having a go on some of them my self in the summer. Im sure you will be tempted on your new boat aswel. If you need to post a message like this, look for the correct area to post as this is the catch report message board. Keep the messages comming though because there very interesting and good luck.

Dan biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Alex

Nice one.

There are a few of the local ones there, that hold a few fish and some big ones that are worth using to practice finding wrecks and positioning over them.

When you get the new boat practice on the bigger inshore ones before venturing to far out. Kyarra and the Sky are two of the most dived wrecks in our area. go there on slack water on a neap tide in summer and the dive RIBs and shot buoys will tell you where they are, then practice when the divers are not there as the tide increases. [ no point fishing when divers are down, its to dangerous for the divers and they spook the fish anyway]

Betsy Ann holds a few fish but mainly pout.

Clan Mcvey can hold a few fish but mainly small ones

Charlie biggrin.gif